- Experience Needed:
More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
About the Role
You are responsible to secure that the visual expression of the store is in line with the IKEA manuals so the IKEA Concept is fully implemented. You achieve the time plans and budgets for each project set by the Comm-in Manager.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Support the Market hall areas as well as Add on sales of Market hall range in the Showroom with visual merchandising technique to increase commerciality.
- Lead the work brief process together with the Sales Managers and Logistics Manager.
- Lead the daily and weekly practical work done by the specialist co-workers in the Comm-in department and securing continuous competence development of the co-workers in the Com& In department.
- Every time that shopkeepers have a need to change the range presentation either due to a range change, sales drop or out of stock situation they should contact the Com& In department to get expert advice on how to secure the optimal range presentation and achieve sales goals.
- Get involved in other projects relating to activities that are carried out in the store from time to time. This may include rebuilding business area, based on feedback from range relating to changed priorities, or poor performance of the area.
- Assist Visual Merchandisers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store.
People Management and Development
- Ensure that all visual merchandisers have receive the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
- Make sure all VMs have been properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs.
- Be involved in the recruitment of the Visual Merchandiser. Ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions.
- Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low.
More than 5 years
You have the ability to prioritise and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the commercial and visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Designing, Architecture or Applied Arts
- 5 years’ experience within the Communication & Interior Design department in one or more IKEA stores or relevant experience in Architectural or Construction firm.
- Proficient in Autocad, Sketchup and Revit
- Must be able to take the lead in planning, presentation and implementation of range presentation solutions and lead the routines of the Com & In department.
- Commercial logical thinking and future oriented
- Aware of the market & competition
- Has wide perspective, organized and strong planning skills
- Team player, focused and goal oriented
- Knows how to understand numbers and figures
- Strong leadership skills and able to manage the VM team
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...