- Experience Needed:
More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- To collaborate with the academic coordinator and rest of teachers planning both vertally and horizontally.
- Demonstrate expertise ,enthusiasm and creativity in the delivery of approved curriculum with appropriate pedagogy
- To plan and coordinate learning activities both indoors and outdoors with appropriate challenge and high expectations and to develop children's curiosity and knowledge.
- To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of children’s learning.
- Plan and deliver lessons and units of work appropriate to student grade and needs with clear learning objectives , organized in a sequential manner and stored in the school's information management programme in the approved format
- To take the responsibility for planning appropriate learning activities for all students in the designated class (within the framework of the Cambridge curriculum).
Teaching and Learning:
- Emphasize the interconnectedness of all subjects taught in school in line with the school’s philosophy and that of the International Baccalaureate
- To ensure that the children experience a broad, balanced, relevant and stimulating learning experience.
- To motivate and stimulate the children's learning abilities, encouraging learning through hands on activities.
- Meet the learning needs of all students through differentiation , creating differentiation plans
- Evaluate daily and weekly planning , ensuring that it builds on current and previous achievement
- Maintain a positive, friendly, vibrant classroom
- To creatively devise and produce visual aids and teaching resources.
- To promote the development of children’s basic skills including: physical coordination, speech and communication, personal social and language abilities.
- To identify students’ needs and cater for with the help of the support unit teachers.
- Plan and deliver lessons and units of work appropriate to student grade and needs with clear learning objectives, organized in a sequential manner and stored in the school’s information management programme in the approved format
- Emphasize the school’s Mission, Vision, and Values through teaching and learning
- To organize and manage groups or individual students, ensuring differentiation of learning needs and reflecting all abilities.
- To create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating classroom environment (indoor & outdoor) which is conducive to children’s learning.
- To create essential agreements with children to regulate the class and promote a collaborative reflective class culture.
- To maintain good class order among students and use of resources.
- To arrange for resources, equipment and materials to be available in such a way that they are properly cared for, easily accessible and will encourage the children to become more responsible for their own learning.
- To maintain a high standard of display work & working walls both in the classroom and in other areas of the school.
- To take responsibility for the management of other adults in the classroom to ensure effective teaching and learning.
Assessment and Monitoring:
- To deliver year group/ key stage assemblies, on a Rota basis.
- Ensure that assignments are returned promptly with constructive feedback including specific comments on strengths and areas for improvement , setting individuals goals with students
- Use formative and summative assessments effectively and with appropriate criteria in order to set realistic and challenging targets for improvement and to inform future teaching .
- To regularly observe and record evidence of students progress according to school regulations and policies.
- To provide written reports to parents on term basis.
- To prepare appropriate records for the transfer of students among year groups.
- To communicate and consult with parents over all aspects of their children’s academic, social and emotional development.
- To liaise with outside agencies when appropriate e.g. Educational Psychologist, to contribute positively to the education of the children concerned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To attend staff meetings, year group meetings and other training and developmental sessions, and to take part in joint decision making about educational issues.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice and to promote the ethos of the school.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children through relevant policies and procedures.
- To take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the School’s Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures (indoor & outdoor).
- To participate in students observation duty time as assigned by the school administration.
- To communicate with children in English at all times, except in language classes.
- To organize and take part in school events, outings and extra -curricular activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening.
More than 3 years
- 3+ years of teaching experience in an accredited international curriculum school "preferably an IB school" with a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Degree from Early childhood Education ( English Section )
- English level: B2 for subjects taught in English. At least C1 for English.
- Time Management
- Good Communication Skills
* Job Type : Full Time .
* Start Date : August 2020 . academic Year 2020/2021
About this Company
See all Careers and Jobs at Notion International School
The heart of Notion International School Philosophy is the commitment to develop internationally minded people who recognize their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, helping to create a better and more peaceful world.