- Experience Needed:
1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time Work From Home
About the Job
- We are currently searching for a SysOps to join Spirula's technical team, which experiences the most intense aspects of solving problems in unique ways. He/she contributes the hard work, dedication, and persistence to Spirula's core team, as he/she deals with customers issues by applying his/her own creative techniques to identify the source of the problems; as well as keeping the customer aware of every step along the way. This of course requires a continuous learning process on the job, as well as learning in the usual methods as online courses and books. All this is done in a friendly and inclusive environment that promotes innovation and creative thinking.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provisioning, administrating, securing, and optimizing both live and development environments for the clients of Spirula systems.
- Respond to urgent situations in the live environments, which may include some off-working hours.
- Direct interaction with the clients is a part of the job, however it's all about technical stuff and you are not required to do any business tasks. Normally interaction is done by emails or the ticketing system.
- Relocation to Spirula's client's offices may happen on rare cases, compensation is to happen for outside Alexandria clients.
1 to 3 years
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a relevant field.
- A college degree in a relevant field is appreciated.
- Excellent written English language.
- Self-managed and self-motivated.
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner.
- Possess analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions.
No one knows it all, but these are the kinds of things we’re looking for:
- Proficiency with general Linux administration using CLI.
- Good working experience with Bash scripting, iptables, LAMP/LEMP stacks, Linux package management systems, and cloud computing vendors (e.g AWS, GCE, DO, ...)
- Basic working experience with monitoring and performance analysis tools (e.g nagios/opsview, newrelic, ... etc).
- Solid understanding of the Linux OS and its underlying components.
- Good understanding of networking, HTTP, DNS, RDBMS.
- Basic understanding of file systems, load balancing, and information security basics.
- Practical skills of technical documentation and research, analytical problem solving quick learning, analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource, application deployment issues, working with a minimum amount of supervisions, and being in direct contact with the customers.
These points will give you a boost:
- Python scripting, or any other scripting language.
- Hands-on experience with DevOps tools like Ansible and Docker.
- Basic programming skills.
- Contributions to open source projects.
About this Company
Founded in 2010, Spirula is a leading company in Linux server management and secure cloud operations. Based in Alexandria, Egypt, we have a team of highly qualified experts, with commulative experience exceeding 15 years, in securing businesses’ production environment.
See all Careers and Jobs at Spirula Systems