- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The SPM is a delivery-orientated value creating partner. Someone who is well connected to the business and has the strong people relationships necessary to make things happen to create value. To drive needle-moving value creation the SPM doesn’t just need to be a great partner with each Category Procurement team and each Supplier but also need to connect across Sites, particularly those in the same value chain and geography, connect across Procurement, across the Supply Chain and across the business
- Develop and propose long and short-term plans to improve Procurement processes to enhance the overall performance of the Site. Provide leadership in the implementation of new processes.
- Implement Global Procurement processes, policies, guidelines, strategies locally and ensure compliance.
- Managing interfaces between Procurement and the Site, balancing the expectations of both Procurement and Site stakeholders. Understanding different perspectives and satisfying the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, both within Procurement and the Site.
- Ensure the Site requirements are taking into account within the definition and implementation of Global Category strategies. Development and robust implementation of Procurement strategies for local categories of spend that clearly meet business requirements.
- Develop and manage the Site supply base to meet GSK’s requirements: assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost, and innovation to control costs in a fast-moving environment. Adapt and respond to regularly changing business requirements.
- Manage the development of a long-term vision for all local purchasing categories to support the growth of GSK. Ensure the approval of this long-term vision by local key stakeholders.
- For specific Categories, actively negotiate contracts.
- Reduce the Directs, Manufacturing Indirects and Capex costs of the site. Support the reduction of end-to-end total costs of the Site.
- Influence the balance sheet of the Site through development and robust implementation of best Procurement practices.
- Balancing both strategic and operational requirements. Any interruption of supply results in immediate and extended impact on GSK revenue stream.
- Co-ordinate support from multiple Category teams and working within a matrix organisation. Manage relationships with other Procurement staff remotely.
- Secure the supply chain through integrating a risk management approach as a foundation of Procurement mission. Evaluate and mitigate risk associated with long standing local suppliers and single sourcing.
3 to 5 years
Not Specified at least
Healthcare and Medical Services
About this Company
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
See all Careers and Jobs at GSK