- Experience Needed:
- 4 to 6 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, 13th Month, Medical & Life insurance, Retirement Fund, Severance
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 25% travel
About the Job
This position will be closed on Saturday, April 4, 2020
The SEFPP IT Officer maintains the computer network for the project, providing technical support and ensuring the whole office runs smoothly. IT Officer monitors and maintains the project computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems. The IT Officer will report to the Finance & Operations Director.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Acts as main point of contact to field staff for all project IT issues in the field.
- Ensures efficient coordination of IT-related tasks, projects and initiatives with project staff, consultants, grantees and sub-contractors.
- Manages and oversees LAN, workgroup and network resources and devices.
- Ensure project and staff strictly comply with all USAID, JSI and SEFPP policies, procedures and regulations governing the procurement, maintenance and use of IT resources in the field.
- Routine maintenance of all project computers, printers, scanners, external hard drives and other IT devices, hardware and software. This includes verifying all operating systems (Windows), applications (MS Office and others), antivirus and maintenance utilities are kept up-to-date and running efficiently.
- Ensure all project computers are routinely backed-up on SEFPP’s server with a secondary copy stored on external storage device/s.
- Prepare and submit monthly Reports to the Finance/ Operations Director, including: IT maintenance report, registry of all IT Equipment, registry of all project software, master file of passwords used for all IT resources.
- Coordinate and expedite repairs to all IT resources and assist in the procurement of spare parts, replacements and new equipment. Maintain all IT equipment (hardware & software) in good operating condition and immediately report any defects, damage or loss to the Finance/ Operations Director.
- Weekly meetings with the Finance/ Operations Director to discuss IT issues.
- Assists the Data Entry Officer, as needed from time to time, with Database maintenance.
- Assists in defining technical specifications required in procuring IT equipment and software.
- Installation and configuration of software on project computers.
- Assist in supervision of IT tasks and projects associated with SEFPP Grants Program.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of software system/s associated with the tracking of programmatic activities and expenses as per the project’s approved annual costed work plan.
- Identifies capacity building needs and provides training to project field staff to improve their knowledge and skills in the use of software and hardware utilized in supporting SEFPP field operations.
- Assist in preparing and facilitating SEFPP workshops, meetings, conferences, seminars and training events, particularly in setting-up all IT equipment needed to facilitate the event/s.
- Travel to Governorates as and when requested by Finance/ Operations Director, to support Field Officer IT needs, including routine maintenance of hardware & software, trouble-shooting, training, equipment inspections and inventory control.
- Assist in project close-out tasks relating to IT equipment & functions, data backup, electronic filing, data storsage, packing, disposition/s, shipments, etc.
- Travel to Governorates to provide administrative support in preparing for, inspecting and/or facilitating SEFPP workshops, meetings, conferences, seminars and training events as and when requested and authorized by the Finance & Operations Director.
- Other duties as required from time to time by the Finance/ Operations Director and Chief of Party
4 to 6 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Healthcare and Medical Services
About this Company
We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
See all Careers and Jobs at John Snow InC