- Experience Needed:
More than 15 years
- Career Level:
Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
About the Job
December 11 is the last day to receive CVs.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) is a full-time position based in the Cairo office of SEFPP, and will report to the Chief of Party (COP). The DCOP will work closely with the COP to ensure strategic focus and management effectiveness of the program and oversee its technical implementation.
The DCOP must have demonstrated leadership and management experience as well as deep knowledge and experience managing FP/RH programs in Egypt. S/he should have a track record in planning for sustainability and strategic policy improvement, and the ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with all key stakeholders from the Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP), National Population Council (NPC), USAID/Egypt, as well as various development partners, civil society and professional organizations.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide strategic guidance to the technical teams, ensure work plans are developed and budgeted appropriately, and implementation plans are tracked to deliver results and meet cost share requirements. Contribute substantially to program planning and monitoring, management and control systems and to processes that ensure informed decision-making and timely implementation of program activities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate planning, implementation and evaluation of program activities.
- Encourage innovation and technical excellence in meeting project goals, objectives and indicators.
- Monitor that use of evidence-based public health as the foundation of all strategies and activities.
- Provide cutting-edge technical direction that yields high impact FP/RH interventions and introduce best practices that for optimum program impact.
- Work closely with COP to monitor, analyze and troubleshoot technical challenges for successful project implementation.
- Ensure subrecipient/subcontractor relations ensuring transparency, strong communication, and excellent partner relations.
- Interface with donor and government as delegated by COP.
- Participate in donor and other implementing partners’ networking and coordination forums and activities including advocacy and dialogue.
- Set and maintain standards for effective collaboration between project staff and partners.
- Model effective communications, professional relationships, and coordination for timely reporting, both internally and externally.
- Serve as Acting COP in the absence of the COP including assuming primary communications with the Home Office support team, the MOHP/FP Sector, and USAID.
More than 15 years
Advanced degree, preferably as an Ob/Gyn, and at least 15+ years of experience as an Ob/Gyn and/or delivering FP services;
- Mid- to senior level experience in managing international programs related to FP/RH, MNCH, health projects, organizational performance improvement and training in developing countries, and in particular in Egypt and/or the Middle East region;
- Working knowledge of relevant USAID and USG policies, strategies, requirements and familiarity with current USAID Global Health (GH) Bureau priorities including Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance, and other RH/FP programs implemented globally;
- Demonstrated and recognized leadership and management skills successfully working with project teams;
- Working collaboratively with other donors, host country institutions and international organizations;
- Ability to frequently travel to project sites throughout Egypt;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and strategic capabilities;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic.
About this Company
We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
See all Careers and Jobs at John Snow InC