- Experience Needed:
More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
About the role
- You will get to work on Careem's first mass product offering, Careem BUS that aims to avail affordable transportation options to millions of customers across the region. Our Android developers have a passion to push mobile technologies to the limits. You and your team will touch many technologies and architectural patterns. And have ownership to adopt and evolve in suitable and sustainable fashion.
As an Android Engineer you will:
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications for the Android platform
- Work with the Product and Design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Integrate with our backend services (JSON, REST, etc.) to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users
- Own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live
- Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters
- Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users and advocate delightful user experiences
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Use core animation to create engaging motion effects and intuitive interfaces
More than 3 years
About this Company
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation.
See all Careers and Jobs at Careem
Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the...