- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Infrastructure Architects design and implement information systems to support the enterprise infrastructure of an organization. They ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and support the development of new technologies and system requirements. This role concentrates on the design of infrastructures including servers, storage, workstations, middleware, non-application software, networks, and the physical facilities that support the applications and business processes required by the client.
- Included in the focus areas is the critical evaluation and selection of the software and hardware components of the infrastructure.
- Best practices in this role use various techniques including modeling, simulation, and testing to validate the designs and selected products.
- Infrastructure Architects are responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure. The employee guides functional objectives or technologies.
- Professional knowledge related to incumbent's function/business unit and its processes.
- Advise other professionals. Effectively utilize group dynamics. Negotiate to define approaches and goals.
- Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives. Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes.
- Creativity and judgment applied to developmental work on different projects within the business environment.
- Provides ongoing technical /operational guidance to lead professional work teams, conducts special projects, or manages department(s) (national or international). Understand department/ functional mission and vision. Defines and decides objectives within specified business concept or project and may have responsibility for tools and assigned resources. Utilizes expertise to directly influence people outside department or function. Sometimes no precedent exists.
Impact on Business/Scope
- Accountable for department results and for activities and/or projects involving multi-functional teams. Regularly participates in overall functional program planning. Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact project costs or expenses.
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), incorporated on June 16, 1911, is a technology company. The Company operates through five segments: Cognitive Solutions, Global Business Services (GBS), Technology Services & Cloud Platforms, Systems and Global Financing.
See all Careers and Jobs at IBM