- Experience Needed:
More than 8 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Establish 1-3-5 year category strategies, lead cross-functional strategic sourcing teams, negotiate with suppliers and execute contracts to optimize Amazon’s competitive position.
- Drive appropriate commercial relationships with category suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the lowest total cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with cost & performance benchmarks in use.
- Manage category suppliers to proactively identify, monitor and optimize opportunities.
- Act as a market intelligence provider regarding categories; anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed.
- Drive category suppliers in Supplier Relationship Management activities to mitigate risk, improve performance and add value to Amazon.
- Align with internal customers and understand the business application of the categories.
- Implement an invoicing, cost control and Monthly/Quarterly Business Review (MBR/QBR) process with suppliers.
- Align with internal customers and understand the business application of the category
- Develop supplier performance management program(s) to monitor progress against defined SLA's and contractual commitments.
- Negotiation and implementation of supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Helping to develop long-term department strategies and significantly influencing the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards.
- Keys to success in this role include sound judgement and excellent written/verbal communication skills. The candidate should be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate appropriately.
Key Performance Indicators
- Earn the trust of key stakeholders to drive alignment with the business.
- Create category strategies in conjunction with internal customers to ensure there is a comprehensive, unified approach for the category.
- Achieve yearly cost saving or value targets appropriate to the category aligned with annual budget processes.
- Define and report on key metrics that measure effectiveness of supply and cost savings.
- Champion standards and process improvements.
More than 8 years
About this Company
We connect people and products – opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars – we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
See all Careers and Jobs at Souq.com, An Amazon Company
Driven by smart technology,...