- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Note that the Director of operations will have a team of staff to carry out the following functions and so will not be carrying out all these activities him/herself but will be, through effective line management, ensuring that all the following functions are carried out effectively. The Director of operations will also be expected to carry out some of the higher level tasks him/herself.
Leadership & Strategy
- Attend Senior Management Meetings. Attend full Governing Body and Governors’ sub- committee meetings when requested.
- Negotiate and influence strategic decision making within the school’s Senior Management/Leadership Team.
- In the absence of the Principal, takes delegated responsibility for decisions relating to supporting services.
- Plan and manage change in accordance with the school development/strategic plan.
- To lead and manage school support staff.
Human Resource Management
- Represent & interface the related governmental authorities (Labor Office, Social Insurance Association, Health & Safety Association, etc.); and to ensure the School’s legal compliance to all local laws & regulations.
- Monitor the relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements and the effect they have on our school and staff.
- Manage the payroll services for school staff including the management of Salary schemes and associated services.
- Ensure the school’s equality policy is clearly communicated to all staff in school
- Ensure that all recruitment, appraisal, staff development, grievance, disciplinary and redundancy policies and procedures comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Manage recruitment, induction of new staff, performance management/appraisal, attendance, punctuality and professional development for all support staff.
- Ensure staff have a clear understanding of the policies and procedures and the importance of putting them into practice. This includes the staff handbook.
- Monitor the way policies and procedures are actioned and provide support where necessary.
- Seek and make use of specialist expertise in relation to HR issues.
- Evaluate the school’s strategic objectives for support services and obtain information for workforce planning.
- Identify the types of skills, knowledge, understanding and experience required to undertake existing and future planned activities.
- Ensure that there is proper maintenance of staff and student files.
- Leading any disciplinary / capability proceedings for the administration staff where applicable.
- Ensure that all UK safeguarding requirements are met in relation to HR procedures including the maintenance of the Single Central register.
- Ensuring staff and visitor support in relation to transport, hotels and flights where applicable together with hospitality where applicable.
- Managing the application process for visas for expatriate staff.
- Organisation of the School Calendar.
Buildings, Site and Equipment
- Oversee major building projects
- Oversee the work of the Campus and Apartments Officer to ensure the following:
- Monitoring general appearance and standards
- Repairs, Maintenance, Cleaning and Security
- Fixed Assets – Register of their location and quantity
- Health and Safety in relation to Buildings, Site and Equipment and accidents and near misses
- Health and Safety in relation to staff, student and visitor education
- Compliance with Fire Regulations and ensuring staff familiar with evacuation procedures
- Provision and maintenance of staff accommodation
- Manage the whole school administrative function and lead all support staff.
- Design and maintain administrative systems that deliver outcomes based on the school’s aims and goals.
- Manage systems and link processes that interact across the school to form complete systems.
- Define responsibilities, information and support for staff and other stakeholders.
- Develop process measures that are affor
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
The British School, Alexandria was established in 1984 in the grounds of the British Consulate. Located in the residential district of Roushdy, the school benefits from easy access to local resources. Over the past 30 years it has expanded onto five further sites, currently...
See all Careers and Jobs at The British School, Alexandria