- Experience Needed:
- More than 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
Programme Management and Operations:
- Provide timely support and inputs to the project personnel (Regional Director, Human Settlements Officers, Project Administrator and other Administrative and Technical personnel) on administrative and procedural issues related to project and budget formulation, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Implement UN Habitat HQs; UNON and the Regional Office SoPsand serve as focal point forsetting the necessary tools and software (PAAS, Lotus Notes, UNOJA etc.) at Regional level.
- Assist in the coordination with Project Administrator and other partners on financial and administrative matters pertaining to project initiation, implementation and/or closure.
- In consultation with the Project Administrator, periodically prepare donor’s reports; and necessary financial statements; in line with the project documents.
- Supervises and reviews the unit work; provide guidance advices and trainings as and when required
- Reviews and verifies operational advance accounts to ensure appropriate balances. Investigates erroneous/invalid entries and takes appropriate corrective accounting action.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc status reports on administrative matters of the project/programme.
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds.
- Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests and obtains additional information/documentation as required; proposes product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings; determines the availability of funding sources.
- Produces tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved
- Ensuring compliance of the UN Rules and Regulations applicable for the execution of Programmes.
- Review and analyses data with respect to the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of Staff (Programme and Project Staff) and non-staff requirement (Programmes and Projects operational budgets).
- Issue allotments (Budget Released) for the Projects, including redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures and monitoring of budget implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reporting in line with the Business Intelligence (BI) module.
- Support in developing the unit’s work program and budget; analyses inputs and formulates resource allocations by work program, or business processes.
- Monitors budget/work program with respect to Headquarters’ budget, trust funds and grants, on a regular basis, and reallocates resources as necessary.
- Support the implementation of procedures and systems for implementing the appropriate financial database.
- Collect data from relevant databases and prepares customized financial reports.
- Support managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Guide the substantive staff in the preparations of the new grants in Umoja, and Agreements of Cooperation with the Implementing Partners, purchases and sub-contract processes in-line with UN-Habitat and the Secretariat standards and systems.
- Sound management to the organization assets
Human Resources Management:
- Managing, overseeing and supporting all functions related to human resources services that includes functions from assisting in development of job descriptions; job classification sand vacancy announcements to interviewing, selection and administration of personnel contracts.
- Assist staff both Nationals and Internationals in their dues, leaves and other entitlements.
- Undertakes actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training and capacity building, ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
- Provides information to Nationals; Internationals and consultants regarding
More than 4 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
See all Careers and Jobs at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)