- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Medical insurance coverage 100% staff and Dependents - Eid Bouns - Seniority 2% per year
About the Job
Reports to (Hierarchical):
- Project Medical Referent (PMR)
Reports to (Functional):
- Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
- Implementing the SGBV protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
- Archive and document the mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Based in Cairo, it will be a full time job. The psychologist will perfom MH consultations in partners’ Health centers in Cairo and Greater Cairo, acccording to a pre-established schedule.
- Ensure the integration of psychological care in the partners’ primary health services;
- Contribute to build the technical capacity of the existing MH staff (psychologist/psycho-social counselor of the partner NGOs) through theoretical and hands on training;
- Collaborate with the line manager for developing specific tools and organising training for a rapid and correct integration of SV and MH activities in the new set up;
- On a weekly basis, participate in multidisciplinary “case discussion” meetings and assessments of activities tackling the provided services;
- Participate in the regular internal meetings of the partner NGOs to coordinate the daily and weekly activities with the rest of the partner team;
- Register and complete psychological files all while respecting applicable rules and regulations regarding patients’ confidentiality;
- Collaborate with the Health Promoters to arise SV/ MH awareness in the partners’ clinics;
- Work in collaboration with colleagues, respecting each other professional competence
- Pay attention to personal mental health and refer any sign of early MH discomfort to the line manager in order to prevent burn out symptoms;
- Other activities within the MH/SV services as per request of the line manager.
The above mentioned responsibilities are not exhaustive and other tasks can be requested according to the daily needs
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
- Essential degree or diploma in Psychology
- Essential 2 year experience minimum as a Psychologist
- Experience in care to SV victims desired, experience in management of psychological trauma in children is desired
- Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs is a plus
- English and Arabic language are essential.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Work ethics
- Open minded
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
The application deadline is at 6: 00 pm October 2nd, 2019 - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people...
See all Careers and Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres