- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In line with fulfilling UN WOMEN's strategic objectives, UN WOMEN Egypt Country Office focuses on three areas of immediate concern: Strengthening women's participation in governance and leadership, eradication of violence against women, women's economic security and rights.
Reporting to the Deputy Country Director, the Programme Oversight Specialist will provide support to Egypt Country Office (CO) colleagues in Planning and Programing, as well as in incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme formulation, tracking against Strategic Plan targets, and reporting of results to internal and external audiences
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide substantive support to Country office planning and programming
- Provide substantive support to the formulation of the Country Office’s Strategic Note,
- Preparation of the annual work plan (AWP) in collaboration with the various CO units, as well as monitoring, reviews and reporting on the AWP;
- Contribute substantively to the development of programming tools, identification of best practices to enhance UN Women Egypt programming, with emphasis on application of Results-Based Management (RBM),
- Provide technical support to strengthened programme planning, monitoring & reporting processes and mechanisms,
- Develop corporate knowledge management and capacity development tools for Country Office’s staff in relation to the management of results and excellence in programming.
2. Provide technical inputs to programme formulation to ensure monitoring and reporting is incorporated
- Provide inputs to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes;
- Include relevant inputs from evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations into programme formulation;
- Provide technical support to partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and Baseline Surveys;
- Facilitate the clearance of donor agreements and Programme Cooperation Agreements;
3. Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and tracking of results against Country Office targets and UN Women Strategic Plan
- Coordinate with Programme Team to ensure data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across programmes;
- Monitor data from partners/countries on a quarterly basis and provide inputs to regular management briefs to inform decision making;
- Visit partners, along with the Programme Team, to support monitoring of results and planning processes, as required;
- Draft and monitor the CO Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
- Act as the CO focal point for Results Based Management (RBM), Result Management System (RMS) and Donor Agreement Management System (DAMS).
4. Facilitate the reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (Executive Board, Donors) audiences
- Facilitate the process of the CO meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
- Contribute substantial inputs to donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations;
5. Provide technical support to the CO in the implementation the UN Women Evaluation Policy
- Coordinate the implementation of UN Women’s Evaluation plan in the country office;
- Draft/revise Terms of Reference for specific project/program evaluations;
- Ensure communication between the CO and RO r
More than 7 years
Not Specified at least
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong knowledge of programme formulation and implementation and Results Based Management
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Good knowledge of UN programme management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women's Studies, or any related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes, and/or Programem Management;
- Experience in the United Nations systems in an asset.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Arabic required.
- Knowledge of another UN working language will be an asset.
About this Company
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
See all Careers and Jobs at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)