- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
As a Transaction Tax Advisory manager, you’ll be right at the heart of the action. You’ll team with EY professionals and client stakeholders to advise many of the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals. You’ll be advising clients throughout the transaction lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the tax risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager you will be a vital member of the team developing and implementing transactions, while helping to manage all aspects of the engagement. You’ll spend your time on a diverse array of projects and clients in a highly collaborative culture. We’ll work with you to develop strong relationships with our clients and team effectively with internal resources and client stakeholders while developing and coaching junior members of the team.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Accounting and Auditing Services
Skills and attributes for success
- Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams, participating in due diligence and structuring engagements related to transactions for private equity and strategic corporate clients
- Manage overall engagement, engagement economics and engagement teams across the EY global network. Help provide growth and learning opportunities to junior professionals, while providing clear and direct feedback on overall performance.
- Assist in the review and analysis of the tax aspects of acquisition and merger agreements and draft tax opinion letters and memoranda
- Identify and analyze tax risks and opportunities while advising on alternative tax strategies for acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of businesses
- Review, assess, and advise clients regarding tax computations reflected in their financial models; and assist clients in the quantitative and qualitative analysis of the tax data in their financial projections for the transaction
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree and around 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and 4 years of related work experience
- A US CPA license or US state bar membership
- Tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning experience and/or inbound and outbound transaction consulting with international tax research, planning and compliance experience
- Ability to succinctly and clearly communicate complex tax concepts to clients
- Experience managing budgets, projects and people
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong writing, research, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
About this Company
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative...
See all Careers and Jobs at Ernst & Young