- Experience Needed:
- More than 8 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The incumbent is a key member of the VSSE Legal and Corporate Affairs team and is responsible for assisting the General Counsel in addressing legal and compliance requirements as per the prevailing laws and regulations in Egypt.
- The incumbent will be directly accountable for matters pertaining to Legal compliance and should have had previous exposure to Legal matters and having prior experience of having dealt with (i) contracts for provision of Services, (ii) handling employee / HR matters from a Legal prespective (iii) Litigation (iv) regulatory matters and partnering the business in a technology and non-technology Shared Shares environment.
- In order to achieve these objectives, the incumbent should proactively engage and collaborate with (i) the stakeholders across the business, finance, network, company secretarial and regulatory function; and (ii) the regulators of Egypt.
- The incumbent is also expected to assist the General Counsel and develop innovative and effective statutory risk mitigation strategies and solutions in accordance with business requirements which will support any new system or functional requirement within the Legal Framework to ascertain the magnitude of the Legal Risks in terms of monetary, reputation, liability / losses to the organization / clients.
- Front-end the legal audits across VSSE entities and VF Group companies ensuring closure without adverse remarks from the auditors and effective coordination and compliance of all laws, regulations, policies and processes.
- Effectively monitor the Legal and Statutory compliances in VSSE.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for assisting the General Counsel in setting up policies and procedures in conformity with Group standards on Legal processes and mandates.
- The incumbent is expected to work closely with the General Counsel and build an effective physical and online data management system for documents at VSSE.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for building a mechanism ensuring no Legal breaches whatsoever at VSSE.
- Implementation and compliance of legal requirements through (i) timely closure / renewal of contracts and agreements with VSSE partners/regulators for all locations (as applicable), after liaising with the relevant cross-functional teams (ii) closure of pending issues pertaining to VSSE, (iii) effective liaison with Internal Stakeholders (Business Verticals, Corporate Functions, Risk and Compliance heads of VSSE) relating to Legal matters, (iv) timely execution and/or renewal of all Regulatory documentation for VSSE, (v) maintain a daily tracker with status of matters (vi) ensuring that the accurate VSSE data is updated on the legal portals, and the share point site from time to time (vii) conduct an identification, analysis and closure of statutory gaps at VSSE and submit a Risk Assessment Report to the General Counsel.
- Driving Awareness Programs with relevant stakeholders to ensure completeness in information dissemination among all VSSE employees on statutory matters, risks and compliances through new Joinee Training, Refresher Training and Video Recordings, “Doing What’s Right” Communication / Initiative, Contribute to Legal, Legal and Privacy Communication from General Counsel’s Desk, Legal Implementation and Trouble Shooting Programs.
- Review and update physical records and files and the online files on a share point drive / shared folder to ensure an accessible, updated contracts, records and retention mechanism is in place at VSSE.
- Maintain an updated tracker of all Contracts of VSSE
- Managing and ensuring closure of legal audits without any adverse observation/ penalty.
- Follow-up with stakeholders to ensure compliance.
- Efficiency and effectiveness of the implementation of statutory framework mechanism, statutory control & compliance mechanism create and maintain an updated Statutory Compliance Checklist (VSSE Level) for effective legal risk mitigation strategies and solutions in accordance with business requirements for supporting the business needs.
More than 8 years
Not Specified at least
Law Enforcement Legal Services
About this Company
Since inception in 1998, Vodafone Egypt has grown over the years to become the leading mobile operator in Egypt, not only in revenue share but also the number 1 mobile operator with the largest customer base.
See all Careers and Jobs at Vodafone
Vodafone currently serves more than 40 million...