- Experience Needed:
- More than 8 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
As a Senior DevOps engineer, you need to support the end to end development & deployment activities. Implement, monitor and troubleshoot/support the systems (after call hours support is expected). Drive continuous improvement in systems operations through tool building and automation.
Ensuring efficient and scalable artifact deployments to production servers using automation scripts and other deployment tools is a primary responsibility of the role.
Also, generate the financial & technical reports regularly to the line manager.
- Lead the end to end DevOps activities.
- Developing and supporting full-stack platform infrastructure initiatives in a complex environment.
- Implementation, monitoring and supporting all the deployment activities, dockers, containers, monitoring tools (appsignal, newrelic, etc).
- Generate scripts to improve the efficiency of deployment & monitoring activities as and when required.
- Ensuring efficient and scalable artifact deployments to production servers using automation scripts and other deployment tools
- Provide technical support of all the applications as required. (after hours support is expected).
- Recommending the enhancements that will produce greater stability, scalability, and throughput for the platform.
- To provide input to Development and Operations team members when new architectures, designs, and/or operational models are being formulated.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise to other teams as you build specific expertise in the deployment and operational best practices specific to the platform.
- Architecting scalable technical solutions, lending technical guidance on DevOps best practices, supporting activities that span various stages of the DevOps pipeline (planning, dev/test, release and monitoring).
- Managing, optimizing, monitoring and reporting on the infrastructure environment, and researching latest development trends and technologies.
- Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly reports (finance & usage stats).
- Design, manage and implement application deployments adhering to CI/CD methodology.
- Architect and develop automation solutions across Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Implement monitoring tools (NewRelic, AppSignal), notifications set ups, webhooks etc.
- Conduct audits and drills on the environments to ensure the system reliability and notifications.
- Onboard / Manage the security solutions (WAF, SSL Pinning, Agro Tunnel), CDN. (CloudFlare/Akamai)
- Work closely with the development and QA groups to support, improve, and integrate automated solutions into automation frameworks.
- Automate configuration of various big data distributions such as Cloudera, HDP, or EMR and their various components such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
More than 8 years
Not Specified at least
Computer and Network Security
Skills & Competencies required:
- Minimum of a combined 8+ years of Site Reliability, DevOps, and/or Software Development experience, including experience in a growth-stage environment.
- Experience in architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other
- Experience in lead DevOps role.cloud providers.
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform etc.) preferred.
- Experience supporting the following Datastores/Databases: MS-SQL server, CosmosDB, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Experience CI/CD (cirlceci), Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- experience working across EC2, S3, Route53, ELB, cloud front, cloud formation
- Experience with Containers and Serverless architectures
- years’ experience with scripting languages like Python, Ruby etc
- years’ experience with distributed source control like Git, including branching, merging and release management
- Experience in managing web security solution (WAF), CDN.
- Working knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Expertise in Big Data platform engineering; experience with MySQL and HBase strongly preferred
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, including both written and verbal.
- Experience in automating the configuration of various big data distributions such as Cloudera, HDP, or EMR and their various components such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience working in SCRUM Frameworks in an Agile manner
- Bachelor’s in computer science engineering or Equivalent.
- Cloud Architecture related certifications (Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate/Professional, Amazon AWS Certified SysOps/DevOps Engineer - Professional)
- ITIL v3 / Agile DevOps certification is highly desired
About this Company
Emerging from Salem Ahmed Al-Moosa Enterprises, one of UAE’S leading group of companies, Cyber Accounting Services is a newly established firm located in UAE & Egypt taking the lead in providing exceptional business solutions for small and medium companies, with a fresh unique...
See all Careers and Jobs at Cyber Accounting Services L.L.C