- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Demand Analyst Job Requirements:
- Hierarchic Reporting Line: Regional Market Supply Manager
- Local/Regional Reporting Line: Country Manager
Purpose of the Job:
- Obtain, analyze and improve the demand plan for defined countries of Consumer Dairy Africa with the objective to fulfill the demand at the required service levels in the most (cost) efficient way (optimal capacity utilization and inventory levels).
- The Demand Analyst is part of the Regional Supply Chain team and either based regionally or locally.
The Demand Analyst translates Secondary into Primary Sales forecast and related Demand Plan. Linking pin between the (local) sales teams, regional and central Supply Chain teams as well as S&OP Hub’s.
The Analyst prepares, conducts and follows through the (Local) demand reviews and demand part of the S&OP Meeting.
- Demand Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of (sales) data to support management decision making and to help drive sales.
- Understand the impact of business dynamics (NPD, EOL, promotions, events, seasonality, leads, tenders, contracts) in the demand plan
- Highlight risks & opportunities in sales volume
- Coordinate with local marketing team on innovation and promotion plan
Demand Planning & Consolidation:
- Process local Secondary forecast into Primary (baseline) forecast and 18months rolling Demand Plan. Ensure assumptions with the demand plans are translated into the Country & Consumer Dairy Africa demand plan as input for the factory plan (incl tactical horizon)
- Prepare and conduct country/regional demand review meeting and prepare demand part of the Consumer Dairy Africa S&OP cycle.
- Communicate, report and follow-up of the decisions/constraints from the S&OP cycle.
- First point of contact for the commercial organization (Country Manager, MT/GT manager, Marketing manager) for the operational and/or tactical planning horizon.
Inventory management & Quality:
- Follow up with the Opco commercial team on aging stock and obsoletes conform customer agreements
Coordinate and follow-up on customer quality complaints with QA dept. and factories
- Monitoring planning (PDCA-cycle) & Analysis
Monitor, analyze, understand and challenge the quality of the Country and OpCo demand plans (assumptions, deltas, trends, issues, gaps, risks, opportunities)
- Drive continuous improvement of the forecast accuracy and bias
- Coordinate changes in demand in the operational and tactical horizon within the network
- Facilitate the scenario management process (in relation to Demand)
- Coordinate any activities related to the constraining and allocation
- Provide KPI dashboards, insights and decision documents at request or at own initiative regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical (S&OP, budget, RF) and ad hoc reports and/or analyses, based on reporting guidelines.
- Continuous Improvement: Processes, procedures and systems
- Observe and evaluate bottlenecks and identify opportunities and improvement actions in Sales analyses, demand planning and demand consolidation related (work) processes, planning systematics, procedures and/or systems, and ensure implementation of improvements after approval in OpCo.
- Key user for relevant tools (as applicable), Develop and refine the forecasting process, models and tools leading to improved accuracy
- Leads and/or participates in assigned (sales, supply chain, cross-functional) projects, within the project management guidelines (e.g. NPI, NPD, Change controls, improvement) in- and outside the Opco
- Sales, Marketing, Sales & Operations Planning Hub, Shared Service Centers, Category team, Key Account team, R&D, Customer Service, Deliver, Finance, FC Demand planning community
- Forecast Accuracy
- Forecast Bias
- Service level (OTIF)
- Inventory level (DIO, days on hand, obsoletes etc.)
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
Pillars Egypt is Consultancy & Recruitment Firm established to serve distinctive clients in the areas of strategic management , Business Planning and Executive recruitment.
See all Careers and Jobs at Pillars
We are a group of executives with a large diversified experience in various areas as Strategic Management, Business Planning