- Experience Needed:
More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Devops Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- To accomplish their main functions of coding, scripting and process re-engineering,
- Devops Engineers perform various tasks. We examined multiple job listings to identify these primary Devops Engineer duties and responsibilities.
- While these are some of the more standard responsibilities, it’s important to note that some companies employ different levels of Devops Engineers and the job duties and responsibilities will vary accordingly.
- Devops Engineers often participate in the processes of strategic project-planning meetings. In addition to providing their guidance and expertise on system options, risk, impact and costs vs. benefits, they create and share their operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects.
- Responsible for developing and building IT solutions, DevOps Engineers install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
- Devops Engineers build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology. They deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment. Another duty is to make modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer.
Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Routine application maintenance tasks are an ongoing responsibility of DevOps Engineers that they accomplish via strategy-building techniques.
- They also help create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance. Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors is also a main responsibility of DevOps Engineers.
- Not only do Devops Engineers evaluate existing applications and platforms, they also give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Information Technology Services
Successful Devops Engineers must not only possess superb tech capabilities — they also have to have excellent strategizing techniques. They enjoy collaborating with others and have above-average communication skills. They also are curious, intelligent and motivated. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, employers are looking for Devops Engineer candidates who have the following skills:
- Learning about and gathering new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company in order to grow the agile development environment
- Providing direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production
- Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Designing, implementing and testing agreed-upon infrastructures
- Automating deployment of Linux applications, system configurations and security settings
- Prioritizing requests from operations, development and product teams fairly while demonstrating a sense of empathy
- Tools of the trade: Devops Engineers must utilize a few vital tools each day. If your goal is to become a Devops Engineer, you should be skilled in using the following
- Source Control Tools– Devops Engineers use source control tools to keep track of changes they make to their projects, so they can easily return to older versions of their code at any time. This is especially helpful when trying identify and fix bugs in code.
- Continuous Integration Tools– Devops Engineers require constant feedback on the status of software. Continuous integration tools help detect software deficiencies as they develop, which allows Devops Engineers to resolve them more quickly.
- Team Management Tools– To guide and track team movements, Devops Engineers need to use one or more team management tools such as Agile Manager or Agile Bench.
About this Company
business support services company, We have a complete spectrum of IT services & solutions. We provide full premium quality, on time & cost-effective solutions.We always serve customers to the best of ability across national boundary . We have multiple projects running...
See all Careers and Jobs at Codex Global