- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
GSAP Technical Support Engineer I
At Dell, we are committed to bringing innovation to people everywhere and organizations of all shapes and sizes so they can transform and thrive in the digital economy.
As a Technical Support Engineer I with Dell, your primary responsibility will be to manage customer cases including setting customer expectations, escalating where necessary and documenting product case information.
You will also be responsible for the following:
The Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) hires and trains candidates through a globally consistent and proven program. As a Technical Support Engineer (TSE I), you are developed through a structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentored experience. This intensive role based-training includes:
- An introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the Dell EMC way of doing business.
- Hands-on work with Dell products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools.
- The opportunity to gain technical certifications, both Dell and industry-wide.
After Boot Camp, you will transition into the call center and begin working in your full time role directly impacting Dell’s Total Customer Experience. Your principal duty will be to:
- Provide technical support to field support personnel, Dell customers and Dell distributors.
- You will develop resolutions to problems of limited scope and follows standard practices and procedures.
- You will record and update customer calls on Customer Service Call Tracking Databases in a timely and accurate manner. It will be important for you to use defined protocols and independent judgment to properly escalate more complex issues to more experienced staff in order to resolve customer issues in the most expedient manner possible.
- You will work closely with customers to resolve technical issues on various information systems and information storage platforms. These issues can include any or all of the following components: Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows, and/or MVS), Networking (Ethernet, Fibre Channel, iSCSI), Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage, and Databases – relational and hierarchical.
- Finally, you will redirect or provides necessary follow-up with customers and Customer Service Management to ensure issue is satisfactorily resolved.
What you can learn:
- How one of the world’s largest technology companies serves its customers through timely communication and best in class service
- How to be a productive team member on a virtual, globally dispersed team that is leading and influencing all aspects of our candidate experience and employment brand worldwide.
- How to lead through influence.
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
You are our candidate if:
- You have an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and up to 2 years of relevant work experience.
- You possess a basic, working knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems. You also understand computer systems (CPU, memory, buses, I/O, device drivers, buffering, job scheduling, virtual memory, file systems and file systems structure)
- You have a working knowledge of Networking to include TCP/IP, Ethernet, addressing, mapping, flow control, naming, routing/traffic. As for Databases, you would have a high level understanding of relational and hierarchical, design, file system organization and indexing.
- You have an understanding of the storage industry, such as storage management, storage architecture and business continuity round out your skill technical skill set.
- Flexibility in working US Shift from 4:00 pm till 12:00 is a must.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
About this Company
Dell EMC develops, delivers, and supports information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure technologies, solutions, and services. It offers enterprise storage systems and software deployed in storage area networks (SAN), networked attached storage (NAS), unified storage...
See all Careers and Jobs at Dell EMC