- Experience Needed:
- More than 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Finance Officer, Accounting is responsible for handling day to day financial transactions in line with SCI rules & regulations. The post incumbent is responsible for checking the accurateness and completeness of supporting documents & recording transactions according to SCI guidelines. He/she provides support during month-end & assists in producing monthly reports to SFO.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Budget responsibility: none
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Review bills, invoices, and other supporting documents of payment requests to ensure the accurateness and completeness
- Review the accurateness of payment request vouchers
- Validates medical information on medical claims received from the different Healthcare service providers
- Ensuring medical bills are within contracted price list
- Ensure issued checks are recorded and posted to the system on daily basis.
- Review the supporting documents for all authorized petty cash payments, invoices, and other supporting documents to ensure the accurateness and completeness of the documents, comprehensiveness of the charging notes, correctness of the budget codes, and ensuring all approved payments are in line with up-to- date SOD
- Review settlement of advances taken by program/admin staff for procurement, training and travel purposes
- Provide support with monthly amortization as well as clearance of all balance sheet accounts
- Develops periodic severance calculation & allocation reports
- Provides support as necessary during year end as well as grant specific audits
- Any other related tasks as requested
Emergency Preparedness and Response
In case of emergency, contribute to financial services’ continuity
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
More than 4 years
Not Specified at least
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc degree in Finance/ Economics/ or similar fields
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience as an accountant, audit, etc.
- Good analytical skills – the ability to analyses complex financial data and design and produce effective management information
- Previous experience with various donors’ financial policies and guidelines including USAID, Europe Aid, Sida, CIDA, UNICEF, UNHCR, ECHO, and other institutional donors
- Understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Experience of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Good sense of responsibility.
- Excellent organizational & communications skills
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Good computer skills especially in spreadsheet & data analysis (excel & access) and familiarity with accounting software is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights- based approaches
About this Company
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Egypt and around the world, we work every day to give boys and girls a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always...
See all Careers and Jobs at Save the Children