- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have direct regular contact with or access to children or young people
Save the Children implements the USAID funded Literate Village program. The Program Goal is” All women and primary school aged children in targeted villages possess the necessary literacy skills for continuous learning and self-improvement”. Results: Quality of reading instruction for rural primary school aged children increased; and rural mothers' ability to contribute to their children's primary education increased.
As a member of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Team, the MEAL Assistant provides hands-on support and leads on specific MEAL activities. This includes designing project M&E, Accountability and Learning Plans; supporting evaluation studies, designing and supporting the implementation of project monitoring tools, supporting tracking project outputs and capturing results; and contributing to LV monitoring and reporting. The position also supports effective accountability systems, including beneficiary complaints and response systems; and will contribute to project and organizational learning processes.
In line with SCI Egypt’s MEAL approaches, the MEAL Assistant is responsible for ensuring all MEAL processes are gender-sensitive and are participatory, including capturing the voice of children. The role includes providing direct, hands-on support for project and program MEAL activities. The MEAL Assistant is expected to work in close collaboration with MEAL Team members, and with program and project staff.
The position is Assuit based and includes regular travel to LV program locations across Assuit governorate.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Governorate Manger
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project’s outputs and results;
- Develop and implement project-specific monitoring tools and procedures in line with Save the Children’s standards and guidelines
- Collect and document qualitative data according to the MEAL plan;
- Collect and support the analysis of quantitative data according to the MEAL plan;
- Ensure quality data collection from the field;
- Provide feedback to the MEAL Specialist and Project Managers on project progress, activities and beneficiary complaints;
- Create, follow and assist in mainstreaming accountability in all activities;
- Responsible for complaints mechanism and receiving regular feedback from children and other stakeholders;
- Provide monitoring inputs, feedback/lessons learned/recommendation for reports;
- Ensure appropriate, child-friendly communications with beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders where appropriate;
- Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the MEAL Specialist
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in social studies or in development related fields;
- 1-3 years of experience working in development field is preferred
- High computer skills, especially in MS Excel, are required;
- Statistical background is preferred;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills in order to understand the range and content of the development work and provide practical solutions to operational challenges
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and able to take decisions independently in a fluid context;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills (particularly looking for a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines)
- Very good working knowledge of English is required;
- Ability to work with children and vulnerable individuals and groups, including sensitive topics
- Commitment to Save the Children values and Child Safeguarding;
About this Company
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Egypt and around the world, we work every day to give boys and girls a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always...
See all Careers and Jobs at Save the Children