- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Reports to: Assistant Director, Stewardship
Purpose: The donor relations senior officer is responsible for implementing a comprehensive donor stewardship strategy to ensure the timely and accurate acknowledgement of all types of gifts to the University, recognize donors for their support, and produce timely stewardship reports to donors on the impact of their gifts to the University.
Objective: To maximize donor retention and increase lifetime giving by providing donors with meaningful and consistent contact, instilling in them confidence that their gifts are being utilized in the way they intended, and helping them recognize the importance of their investment in the continued success of the University.
Responsible for the process of sending and mailing annual stewardship reports including but not limited to:
- Collection of narratives and photos on progress of beneficiaries.
- Writing stewardship reports.
- Sending soft and hard copies of stewardship reports.
- Recording stewardship report sending on Salesforce database.
Maintain regular individualized correspondence and updates (at least once in each academic year) between donors and their fund recipients through various channels (i.e. stewardship letters, notes and video messages).
Liaison with creative services in execution of personalized donor-related items.
Work closely with fund beneficiaries for any stewardship-related requests.
Management of named spaces stewardship and auditing including:
- Ensure all named space signage is installed accurately and documented
- Ensure all named space donors receive their benefits/correspondence as per their giving levels
- Perform a regular check on named spaces and report any maintenance requests to AUC facilities office
Manage logistics of donor events including but not limited to:
- Prepare lists of invitees.
- Ensure sending invitations in a timely manner.
- Compilation of RSVP’s and follow up.
- Prepare event timelines.
- Prepare for event set up and logistics.
- As necessary, prepare students for meetings with donors and/or to speak in donor-related events.
- Ensure events records are documented in database including lists of attendees, events program, and speakers.
- Issue named award certificates for commencement.
- Develop an end-of-the-year thank you message to all donors who give throughout the year.
- Ensure stewardship data is recorded accurately in Salesforce database for reporting and other purposes.
- Proofread/edit advancement materials, including donor messages, thank you letters, reports, proposals.
- Ensure all donors receive their annual benefits as per gift agreements.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Three or more years of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy while working under pressure.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple requests.
- Enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals and groups, including but not limited to students, faculty and University friends.
- Ability to be flexible, adjust to fluctuating priorities and produce reliable work product.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skilled and creative communicator.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated individual.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- An understanding of basic finance concepts and money management.
- Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated professional manner with all internal and external university constituencies.
- Prior experience with databases like Salesforce (inputting/extracting data).
- Proficiency in Adobe Create Suite (InDesign, Photoshop).
- Prior experience in filming and video editing.
About this Company
Founded in 1919, AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and center of intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors...
See all Careers and Jobs at American University in Cairo AUC