- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
A procurement specialist is responsible for ensuring a company has the right materials and equipment necessary to function.
- The job description of a procurement specialist will involve meeting with salespersons and negotiating contracts.
- Compares prices amongst various vendors in order to make sound purchasing decisions.
- Evaluates suppliers in order to find the best deals possible on goods that are needed for business operations.
- Works within a given budget to purchase goods and services for an organization.
- Ensures that products are delivered in a timely manner, and that the quality of the goods received is satisfactory.
- Negotiates with contractors on price, mode of shipping, and delivery time.
- Orders goods such as office supplies on a continuing basis in order to maintain certain inventory levels.
- Checks invoices for accuracy, and authorizes the accounts payable department to issue payment.
- Evaluates the performance of certain vendors in order to decide whether or not to continue buying from them.
- Inventories items in order to determine which ones need to be purchased.
- Enters data concerning inventory and order amounts into a Company database system.
About this Company
Founded in 1996, with one goal on mind to be your technology partner. Focusing on providing the best technical solutions that meets your requirements and enhancing your business. LDC use a consultative approach to evaluate your business and technology needs and advise on the...
See all Careers and Jobs at Link Datacenter