- Experience Needed:
- More than 1 year
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 50% travel
About the Job
- The Communication for Development Officer reports to the C4D Specialist/Chief C4D/C4D Officer for close supervision and guidance.
- The Officer provides technical and operational support to the supervisor and internal colleagues by administering, executing and implementing a variety of tasks to promote community engagement and participation, and measurable behavioral and social change/mobilization, requiring the application of technical and theoretical skills and the study of organizational goals, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Deadline for submission of applications is 20 June 2018.
Late applications will not be considered.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
About this Company
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results...
See all Careers and Jobs at UNICEF