- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
SUMMARY: The Operations and Customer Service Specialist is responsible for processing shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts. The individual will have contact with customers, carriers and potential customers on a daily basis. He/she must be proactive in providing quality customer service and have the ability to handle pressure and responsibility in a fast pace environment, and, in a timely and effective manner. The successful candidate must have good customer service skills and be able to handle dual tasks. Being proactive in providing quality customer service is a must!
- Handle complete Ocean, Air, Import and Export shipment to include Quotation, Booking, Releasing, Customs Brokerage, Delivery, Invoice and Closing.
- Prepare documentation, dock receipts, bills of lading, export declarations.
- Track and trace cargo as necessary to insure proper movement and delivery.
- Provide accounting department with proper and correct billing information.
- Communicate with customers regarding disposition of Freight (i.e. tracking & tracing, routing & dispatching, and rate quotations).
- Communicate with carrier/vendors/suppliers regarding shipment dispatch, routing, pricing, and rates.
- Communicate & correspond with other Company branches and agents for customer satisfaction, and to ensure excellent service execution.
- Seek the most profitable mode of shipment while still meeting the customers’ requirements for the movement of freight.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient computer skills including basic Excel
- Ability to handle heavy email communication
- Must be well organized and enthusiastic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and time-management skills
- Must be fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Cantonese and/or Mandarin a plus
About this Company
We continue to be one of the world’s leading logistics service providers. Our highly trained human resources are well qualified and with many years of experience to acquire better management skills and logistical know how. We are service providers have adequate experience in...
See all Careers and Jobs at U Go Logistics