- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
General Statement of Duties:
Produces and maintains technical documentation, tutorials and general learning materials for software products, services and processes. Provides subject matter expertise and technical leadership; leads documentation tasks / projects to successful completion
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce user guides, guidelines, and training materials for desktop, mobile, and web enabled applications, in different languages, mainly Arabic and English, in a wide variety of formats including documents, pdf, online help files, html, and video.
- Proofread guides to track incorrect statements, alert messages, instructions, and spelling mistakes available, and suggest corrections.
- Edit and finalize documents to make them ready for publication and distribution to customers.
- Design and develop product feature lists, function lists, write-ups, document templates, QCPs and forms.
- Provide translation services of documents, brochures, videos, PowerPoint presentations, and company communications to internal clients – mainly from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Mentor fellow team members on the production of high-quality documentation.
- Provide advice on appropriate use of language in products and product documentation.
- Provide language support to other departments regarding grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather, organize and document information, and maintain project-related documentation.
- Help to maintain team’s current technical writing knowledge to leverage technology through formal and informal team training.
- Investigate, select, and apply best-of-breed tools, techniques, and technologies for technical writers to improve documentation processes, as needed.
- Accurately estimate the duration of documentation tasks.
- Maintain accurate records and files of work and revisions. Submit work status updates to management.
- Ensure that documentation projects meet the product requirements in the time allowed.
- Promote an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, cohesive team effort, and constant improvement.
- Develop, foster, and enforce team accountability to meet commitments.
- Complete special projects and assignments as assigned
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills (Arabic & English).
- Excellent editing skills, with attention to detail, consistency and a strong focus on quality.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, with appropriate discretion where required.
- Strong ability to follow established standards and to identify new ones to improve documentation.
- Advanced proofreading, indexing, document design and document publishing skills.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge in graphical tools such as SnagIt and Paint Shop Pro, etc.
- Strong people management / leadership skills.
- Excellent research, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Flexibility and a proven ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated, practical, proactive, and solution oriented.
- High degree of commitment, engagement and independence.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the following tools:
- Online help advanced tools
- Madcap Flare
- Experience in eLearning applications.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Document Management (DMS) systems
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's of Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Language related degree with some technical training or any other applicable degree.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Technical Writer or other relevant experience.
About this Company
Integrated Technology Group (ITG) is a dynamic, innovative, and technology driven group of companies.
See all Careers and Jobs at Integrated Technology Group
Established in Jordan in 1989, ITG operates through three subsidiaries; EPOCH Technologies, JAID Productions and ITG Investments.