- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
Arabic, English, French
About the Job
Context of the mission:
- MSF France is running a Medical Rehabilitation Center in Baghdad (BMRC) that provides medical rehabilitation care to civilian war wounded patients and intends to offer comprehensive approach with medical services, early physiotherapy, nursing care, pain management and psychological support.
- BMRC is specialized in the management of lower limb injuries on patients requiring post-surgical rehabilitation. Improving the recovery process aims at preventing short-term medical complications and long-term physical and psychological impairments.
- The MSF BMRC includes an in-patient facility for the first phase of treatment, and an out-patient department for the patients’ follow up after discharge. Treatment is provided free of charge. The centre works in close collaboration with surgical departments in public hospitals in Baghdad.
For more details about our operations in Iraq: http://www.msf.org/en/where-we-work/iraq
Main objectives and responsibilities of the position:
- Bedside-teaching of BMRC medical staff (doctors, physiotherapists and nurses) on diagnosis and treatment of in and out patients through participation in daily / regular rounds, consultations and medical meetings
- Training of the medical team on subjects around rehabilitation care, orthopedics and general medicine according to evidence based medicine and in line with MSF standards and procedures
- Supervising and ensuring the achievement of medical objectives and patient’s treatment plan related to rehabilitation care
- As an expert in orthopedic rehabilitation, participation in the definition of project’s frame and input about general functioning including admission and discharge criteria, treatment protocols, development of specialized technicals
- Be the focal point for all rehabilitation care related questions, review prescriptions of physiotherapy and needed devices
- Support of the team in external networking with the surgical departments in the public hospitals by promoting the medical concept of BMRC
- Medical Doctor with Completed residency/ specialization of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R)
- Specialist in orthopedic rehabilitation is required, acute post-surgical care experience an asset
- Good knowledge and well aware about various types of treatments and programs for different disabilities.
- At least 12 months professional experience as a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist.
- Be available for a minimum of 1 month or longer.
- Fluent English (oral and written) required Arabic an asset
Skills and competencies:
- Planning capabilities, reporting capability, organizational skills,
- Problem solving, multi-tasking, personnel and project management, delegation skills, Communication skills, negotiation skills, diplomacy interpersonal skills,
- Multi-cultural flexibility, calm, stress management, patient, Maintains confidentiality
Kindly send your application (letter of interest and CV+ registration to medical board) to: https://www.msf.fr/recrutement/en/work-in-the-field/physical-medicine-and-rehabilitation-specialist-baghdad-iraq-m-f-m-f
- Only selected candidates will be contacted
- Any applications submitted without letter of interest/cover letter will not be considered
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / أطباء بلا حدود is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers...
See all Careers and Jobs at Médecins Sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود - International field work