Skills And Tools:
The British International School Madinaty is looking for an experienced and passionate Special Education Teacher to join our team immediately.
Learning Development Department Teachers are professionals trained in the education of special needs children. They provide services that include: assessment; individual instruction; small group instruction; co-teaching; support to classroom teachers in planning and developing adaptive programs; instructional support for educational assistants as well as communication with parents, other team members and outside agencies.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the head of department and SENCo.
- Undertake initial assessments for students, identify individual learning needs and ensure that all learners have appropriate Individual Educational Plan (IEP).
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom in their English/Math lessons and make sure that they are able to access the curriculum.
- To provide support to students with multiple barriers to learning including:
- Autistic Spectrum
- Specific Learning Difficulties
- Behaviour difficulties (EBD/ADHD/ADD)
- Hearing impairment
- Speech and language difficulties
- Students who require assistive technology
- Work with other professionals such as speech therapists and occupational therapists, as necessary.
- Assist with maintaining student records.
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/ work/ aims of the school.
- Attend team and staff meetings.
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonable assigned by the head of department or line manager.
- Implement an efficient and effective entry assessments when needed.
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilities learning.
- Taking part in all training courses provided by the school.
- Working closely with the class teacher in identifying children and setting targets.
- Sourcing equipment and resources.
- Writing termly reports and identifying next steps.
- Sharing knowledge and modeling to TAs and CTs so they can administer programs for individual children with identified special educational needs.
- Implement agreed learning activities/ teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/ needs.
- Ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- To continuously develop your own role, taking responsibility for identifying and addressing training and professional development needs.
- Bachelor Degree from an institution recognized by the Ministry of Education
- Excellent command of English
- Experience in dealing or teaching children with learning difficulties or disabilities.
- A special education certification or working towards the certification is preferred
- Successful teaching experience with needs students would be an asset
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to establish a strong rapport with students, families and school personnel
- Ability to work as a team player
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Display a positive attitude and work ethic
- Knowledge of computers and applicable software
- Ability to provide personal care for a student with intensive needs.
- Ability to handle physically/emotionally demanding children (ie. aggressive, hyperactive students)
- Prep stage English TeacherConfidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo6 days ago