Skills And Tools:
Job Title: Translation Reviser
Language Pair: Arabic and English
Specializations: All subject matters fields (general and specialized)
- To demonstrate proficiency in both Arabic and English,
- To compare and review the translation by comparing both the Source Text and Target Text to make sure the original ideas have been maintained and no paragraphs were added or omitted in the translation,
- To make sure the client’s requirements have been met and that translation serves its purposes and is adapted to the target audience,
- To correct the translation by refining clumsy, ambiguous, or literally translated phrases and paragraphs, taking into account the application of sound grammar rules,
- To be able to meet the project requirements with utmost accuracy and make sure the translated text is written in light of the set glossary (if any),
- To possess broad computer knowledge, especially of Windows Basics, Email, Cloud services, and Word Office applications,
- To be committed to the deadlines set for the revision assignments, and
- To maintain the confidentiality of the revised materials.
- To have a minimum experience of one year as a reviser and 5 years as a translator.
- To adhere to all quality specifications stipulated in the work regulations.
- To be committed and punctual.
- BA degree from any of the departments of English at one of the faculties concerned with the study of languages, such as the Faculty of Al-Alsun, the Faculty of Languages and Translation, the Faculty of Arts, and other similar faculties. Applicants who have taken courses in translation and proofreading and/or courses in English language proficiency are preferred.
- It is preferred that applicants demonstrate additional skills besides revision and editing, such as the ability to paraphrase, edit, and summarize English texts and write content in English.
- Proficiency in computer-assisted translation software (CAT tools) is preferred.