- Experience Needed:
More than 12 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Regional Investment Director for the North Africa region for the anticipated USAID-funded Prosper Africa Trade and Investment Program (PATIP). PATIP will advance Prosper Africa’s goals to boost trade, increase investment, and support business-friendly policy reforms. Its team of transaction advisors will work closely with U.S. Embassy Deal Teams across Africa to identify and close deals. The program will complement the U.S. Government’s trade and investment tools through customized services – from business consulting and transaction facilitation to targeted policy interventions.
The program will have an office based in the Washington, D.C. area with regional offices supporting activities in West, East, Southern Africa, and North Africa. The program is a unique whole of government initiative, requiring coordination with USAID, Department of Commerce, State Department and others to complement the U.S. government’s trade and investment tools through regionally tailored services.
The North Africa Regional Investment Director, based in Cairo, Egypt, will lead all activities in their region that generate investment between the U.S. and Africa, connect North African firms to potential investment opportunities, and support the improvement of the investment climate in Africa.
This position is contingent upon project award to Abt Associates.
- For the assigned region, lead the strategy and implementation of investment and transaction project activities that will generate interest and deals between investors in the United States and Africa;
- Develop and manage the region’s team of investment facilitators;
- Collaborate with stakeholders in investment and trade, including public and private stakeholders such as regional or country-specific businesses, and officials/deal teams in the U.S. Embassies, including USAID, Department of Commerce, Department of State, DFC, USTR and other USG entities, North African governments and institutions, development banks, chambers of commerce, and other entities to identify investment opportunities;
- Engage with governments and financial institutions (lending banks, MFIs, private equity, investment funds, development finance, and foundations) to facilitate greater access to financing and catalogue the innovations in risk sharing and blended finance that can be replicated with partners in the region;
- Manage the coordination and technical aspects of subcontractor and grantee activities related to investment opportunities;
- Review investors’ financial proposals together with business clients to assess the viability of proposals and advise clients as appropriate;
- Manage and oversee plans and financial statements to build bankability and properly advise on potential investments, market alliances or other growth opportunities;
- Manage and oversee the regional investment team’s financial specialists to understand and facilitate entrepreneurs’ varying needs for appropriate financing mechanisms;
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with financial institutions and private sector partners;
- Provide reporting on investments and opportunities to meet USAID and other reporting requirements.
More than 12 years