Skills And Tools:
- Nursery Assistant Room leaders are responsible initially to the Room Leader, the Nursery Manager, and in their absence to the named individual as per the management structure of the nursery.
- Nursery Assistants ensure high quality, balanced provision of leading practice education and care is delivered; creating a safe, caring, and welcoming setting in which parents are happy to entrust their child and where their child is encouraged and supported to flourish in an enabling and stimulating environment.
- To adhere to Kinder Day Nursery policies and procedures and meet legislative requirements and following education curriculum, delivering standards that ensure the highest possible inspection grading.
- To promote a successful business with a first-class reputation, engaging with the local community and marketing the nursery whilst providing excellent customer care.
- To ensure operational policies and procedures implemented by Kinder Day Nursery are adhered to, ensuring relevant legislation is met.
- Maintain and promote the brand of Kinder Day Nursery.
- To support and demonstrate inspiring and ambitious practice.
- Respond professionally to complaints (verbal/written), recording and reporting to management, and assist positively with any actions required.
- Assist with Quality Improvement Visits and Inspections.
- Adhere to room ratios in line with policy and rotas.
- Ensure daily room registers and records of children in attendance are accurate.
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies, completing risk assessments, hazard logs, and documentation as set out in the operational plan.
- To participate in the emergency and security procedures such as emergency evacuation, door security, and e-safety.
- Be alert to issues of safeguarding, ensuring that the welfare and safety of the children and adults are paramount, recording and reporting any concerns to the DSL.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in practice, ensuring relevant documentation is completed as required.
- Active involvement in staff meetings, which support continually evolving high standards of practice.
- To understand key children’s culture, level of development and identify next steps with line managers' support.
- To work with colleagues in observation, assessment, and planning, to ensure the provision of a stimulating environment with a balance of challenging and inspiring child/adult lead activities reflecting children’s individual needs and interests.
- To ensure the detailed record-keeping for key children’s development maintaining these records on a regular basis with quality meaningful observations and assessments and involve parents in the process of planning and sharing of children’s progress.
- Support the settling in of new children in a sensitive manner, ensuring all relevant documentation is completed, liaising closely with parents and staff to ensure home life and children’s interests are utilized for reassurance.
Customer Service Operations
- To participate in informative, professional, and welcoming show rounds to prospective customers.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive family information whilst adhering to child protection policy and procedures.
- Contribute to nursery communication with parents via newsletters, parent’s evenings, open days/evenings, building and maintaining strong key person relationships.
- To undertake such other duties as reasonably requested by the Manager to work in a flexible way when occasions that tasks arise which are not specifically covered in their job description.
- Perfect Command of both written & spoken English is a MUST.
- Nursery Teaching Experience is preferred
- English Fluency is a must
- Preferably Females