Skills And Tools:
About the job:
We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Java Spring Boot developer to join our expanding Information Technology team.
In this role, you will help develop and design technology solutions that are scalable, relevant, and critical to our company's success. You will focus on Android/Java development throughout all phases of the development lifecycle and must have a solid skillset, a desire to continue to grow as a developer, and a team-player mentality.
- Participate in the design and implementation of essential applications
- Demonstrate expertise and add valuable input throughout the development lifecycle
- Help design and implement scalable, lasting technology solutions
- Review current systems, suggesting updates as needed
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders
- Resolve reported issues and reply to queries in a timely manner
- Develop and utilize technical change documentation
- Strive to deploy all products and updates on time
- Help improve code quality by implementing the recommended best practices
- Remain up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments
- Maintain a high standard of work quality and encourage others to do the same
- Help junior team members grow and develop their skills
- Identify potential challenges and bottlenecks in order to address them proactively
- 2-5 years of experience in Java technologies.
- Hands-on individual is responsible for producing excellent quality of code, adhering to expected coding standards and industry best practices.
- Must have strong experience in Core Java, Multithreading(good to have), Springboot, and SQL.
- Good hands-on knowledge of Springboot, Hibernate, Caching Frameworks, Memory Management
- Problem- solving/ troubleshooting skills
- High levels of ownership and commitment on deliverables
- Strong Communication Skills - Should interact with client stakeholders to probe a technical problem or clarify requirement specifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required; master's degree is a plus
- Java certification will be preferred
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Team player
- Excellent time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills