Skills And Tools:
About Jumia Cairo Tech Center
Want to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Cairo Tech Center where tech meets purpose. At Cairo Tech Center you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders in both Portugal and Egypt. You will also be working with state of the art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
Jumia is the leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About this role:
We are looking for a Head of Development to join Jumia's Engineering management team. You will oversee setting a fantastic engineering experience for your team(s), its delivery, growth, and career path, and you will interface with multiple stakeholders to discuss current projects and the vision for future ones. We grow through our technology and you will play a key role in it.
- Be part of the Jumia Engineering Management team and play a key role in Jumia’s technology plan
- Be a role model for the Jumia Values
- Coach managers and engineers in your teams and set their career path
- Drive your team on a continuous lookout for improvement
- Build reliable systems that scale to Jumia's ambitions
- Interact and communicate effectively with engineers, product owners, and business stakeholders
- Partner with the product lead to manage project scope and ensure the technical deliverables are met
- Identify headcount needs for the team, plan and recruit to fill these needs
- Find a group of humble and smart people ready to make you grow and to grow with you
- Change the Internet landscape in Africa and the World through your team
- 5+ years experience as an individual contributor working with agile methodologies
- A track record of 3+ years leading effective teams
- Java Background is a must (Spring)
- An eye for recruiting great people
- A great sense to manage technical debt and you know investing in quality will make you go faster
- The ability to be autonomous and to own your decisions
- The ambition to grow the company and within the company
- A great technical sense to challenge engineers and product to make the right decisions
- Full professional English proficiency
- Space to use and experiment new technologies on a robust tech environment
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- Part Time Software EngineerConfidential Company - 6th of October, Giza8 days ago