Skills And Tools:
- To develop a comprehensive understanding of the specific needs of students to be supported
- To lead the school referral process which helps in identifying the specific educational needs of students
- To provide plan for each referred student based on observation and the full psycho-educational evaluation
- To collaborate with the academic coordinator and rest of teachers planning to support the school curriculum
- To plan, with HR teachers, opportunities to develop the social, emotional, and cultural aspects of children are learning.
- To attend all grade level meetings and collaborative meetings to support appropriate learning activities for all students enrolled in LTRC.
- To help adapt/ find differentiated materials to enable students to access the class curriculum
- Support the curriculum planning for academically diverse students
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the school's SEN strategy and policy
- Carry out assessments of Students to identify their needs and monitor progress
- Work with classroom teachers, the school leadership team, parents and relevant external agencies to develop, implement and monitor individual support/learning plans
- Provide regular updates on pupil progress through written reports and meetings with parents.
- Support teachers to develop and implement effective teaching and behaviour management approaches in the classroom .
- Managing the SEN team of teachers and/or learning support assistants
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining appropriate teaching, support and diagnostic resources for Special Educational Needs students
- Assist professional development opportunities for staff, including workshops, in-class support, site visits and differentiated instruction
- Support the school system of communication and collaboration among all staff members involved in implementing the program.
- Meet regularly with the school PLT Head to inform on the situation and needs of grade level teachers and teaching.
- Keep an open channel among grade level teachers for more support and collaboration
- Keep up-to-date records during grade level meetings and collaborative meetings .
- Assist the identification/ referral process and progress report system .
- To lead, develop and manage the additional learning support staff, including their timetabling.
- Teaching the designated curriculum, planning units of inquiry and implementing common assessments
- Interpreting psychological testing
- To assist in drafting the school policies and procedures; Learning and Teaching Resource Policies and Individualized Educational Plan.
- To keep an updated filing system for all the referred students.
- To write reports about students’ progress as requested by the School Instructional Leader.
- To participate in the evaluation of the support program, with the School Instructional Leader and class teacher
- To report any problems about arrangements or any incidents to the School Instructional Leader, or if unavailable, to the class teacher
- Where appropriate, to foster links between home and school in a professional manner
- To liaise, advise and consult with other members of the team
- To take up the opportunity for continuous professional development through self-directed reading, courses and in-service training and maintain a good level of ICT skills.
- At least five years of experience Preferably at international schools and IB Schools .
- 2 to 3 years' Experience at school as Coordinator
- Recognized SEND/inclusion qualification
- Ability to solve problems, make good judgement and take decisions.
- Understanding and knowledge of ICT or a willingness to further develop ICT skills.
- Courses or workshops for international education (preferably IB Workshops )
- Good organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Fluent English
- Good Computer skills