Skills And Tools:
- Ensures high standards of safety management prevail throughout all areas of responsibility and that safety performance is maintained within parameters defined by the Executive. Promote the zero harm philosophy.
- The post holder is required to put people to work in accordance with the appropriate Company procedures. In addition, the post holder may, subject to the appropriate operational authorisation, have particular duties and responsibilities under the Distribution Safety Rules. Full compliance with these and associated Codes of Practice, Approvals and Engineering Instructions must be made to ensure that People are put to Work safely.
- Plans, manages and coordinates the programme of commissioning work testing and plant acceptance testing leading to safe energization and successful project completion for both internal and external customers.
- Develops and agrees commissioning plans and programmed for projects applying sound engineering knowledge to set standards and ensure through and complete testing of new schemes.
- During commissioning testing, diagnose problems and propose modifications to scheme design to provide desired operability.
- Provides technical expertise at design reviews
- Checks and applies software programmable logic and settings to protection schemes checking operation, and making adjustments to the scheme logic.
- As a recognized expert, investigates, advises, diagnoses and corrects mal operations that occur during the life of the equipment. Draws on the skills of senior commissioning engineers and collaborates with technical experts in other organisations to propose the root cause and to develop permanent solutions to the issues. Often this is required to tight timescales when network equipment has failed in service.
- Working with Network Control, plans and authorises safe energisation of plant on to the network. Ensures that all settings applied to relays are confirmed back into the company database before energisation. All as-built records are completed by contractors and employees to ensure records of work are maintained.
- To witness contractors' testing and to coordinate the use of test sheets, test routines and policy applied throughout the 3 licensed areas.
- On standby for a licensed area to act as the sole operational response to a diversified problem solving using judgement and gathering facts to establish a view of the risks before recommending and implementing a solution.
- Bachelor in Electrical / Electronic
- 5+ years’ experience in protection of electrical systems, protection relay configuration & testing, Familiar with controllers, ATS, … configuration, protection schemes & logics, power electrical systems up to 380 KV voltage levels.
- Gulf experience is preferable.
- Electrical Engineer - Alexandr...Confidential Company - Alexandria, Egypt2 days ago