Skills And Tools:
Developing and implementing occupational health and safety policies and programs to ensure the overall safety of employees and premises
Work permits issuing, following up, and recording of all non-routine activities on daily basis.
Conducting risk assessments, drawing up fire plans, and enforcing preventative measures and keep an updated record of it.
Follow up firefighting systems and legal requirements of civil defense
Analyze risk of fires in buildings.
Recommend appropriate loss prevention methods.
Record the annual and half annual legal safety statistics, and ensure the compliance with the governmental OHS office requirements.
Prepare action plans and tracking system to close all risky observations and follow up with responsible departments
Investigate all incidents and perform root cause analysis to prevent reoccurrence
Responding to emergency situations when necessary and taking prompt action to eliminate immediate danger threatening life or property
Recording all hazards to keep track of their status and the action required to be taken
Guiding staff members during accidents and emergencies and planning preventive activities
Overseeing workplace repair, installations, and any other matter that could harm the employees' safety
Executing control inspections, ensuring the compliance with the regulations, and identifying, evaluating, and controlling the detected risks
Ensuring that investigations into all accidents, near-miss incidents, and employee concerns are conducted and findings recorded
Ensuring all notifiable incidents are reported
Conducting HSE training and awareness sessions to all the personnel of the organization at all levels
Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees
Provide appropriate safety and health, accident prevention, and investigation training for managers and supervisors.
Manage the inspection of workplaces to assure safe, and healthful conditions for workers.
Build upon existing solutions to make them better.
Develop procedures and designs to reduce the risk of illness, injury, or damage.
Qualifications and Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Science
3 – 5 years of experience as a health and safety specialist/ engineer. Cement industry background is preferred.
OHS Specialist legal certificate (Basic), Civil Defense legal certification, OSHA certification, Scaffolding and Lifting competent person certifications are required.
NEBOSH IGC certificate is a plus.
Good command of both written and spoken English
Valid driving license.
Excellent Communication Skills
Excellent time and stress management skills
Accuracy and attention to details
Adaptability and flexibility
Problem solving and decision making
Planning and organizational skills
- Senior Frontend Developer - Fu...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt20 days ago
- Pre Sales Engineer - Mansoura, Dakahlia1 month ago
- Senior IoT Solutions Engineer - Cairo, Egypt15 days ago
- Quality Engineer - Mahalla Kubra, Gharbia1 month ago
- Agricultural Manager / Consult... - Cairo, Egypt4 days ago
- Mechanical Project Engineer - ...Confidential Company - Sheraton, Cairo3 days ago
- Telesales Representative - Nasr City, Cairo22 days ago
- Senior Software Tester - Maadi, Cairo1 month ago
- Conformity& Certification Engi... - 10th of Ramadan City, Cairo1 month ago
- Aviation Quality EngineerConfidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo2 months ago
- HSE SupervisorConfidential Company - Alexandria, Egypt5 days ago
- Planning EngineerConfidential Company - Bourj Alarab, Alexandria20 days ago