Skills And Tools:
With over 290 pitches and over 130,000 users, Malaeb is the leading platform for people to enjoy playing a game of football (and soon other sports) with their friends. Users can easily book sports venues, organize a match, or join one with a few taps.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
Our team of 15 professionals is split between working remotely or in our main office headquartered in Bahrain
If you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging, and rapidly-growing startup, and if you are passionate about software development and creating the finest apps in the marketplace, please apply below.
this position is to be filled immediately and start working in June 2021
About the job.
- Develop REST-based APIs using the latest PHP standards
- Utilize PHP tools and frameworks including Laravel
- Ensuring the entire project’s ability to scale
- Work with external API endpoints and frameworks for parsing and storing data
- Utilize data storage systems and message queues such Redis, Firebase, and MySQL
- Develop API endpoints that provide as fast as possible responses while ensuring stability, data integrity, and security
- Understand and constantly update with the latest security standards to prevent attacks such as SQL Injection, XSS, etc.
- Contribute creative concepts and ideas to identify and execute on opportunities that enhance the overall API functionality
- Develop unit tests with PHPUnit
- Work with continuous integration tools that help with auditing code, conduct unit tests, and deploying such as Jenkins.
- Perform code review with other developers and the project manager
- Generate and provide clear and up to date documentation over the development, design, and deployment of the project
- Maintain awareness of development trends and technologies
- 4+ years of experience in backend systems and API development
- 2+ years of advanced knowledge of PHP
- 2+ years of advanced knowledge of Laravel
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL or similar relational database systems
- Excellent REST API understanding
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns
- Excellent time management skills
- GIT, Docker, and similar development tools knowledge
- Ability to problem-solve, track, and follow up on a variety of complex technical issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Worked on at least one app that is running Apps on the store
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems is a plus
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English).
- A passion for software development. It’s not just your career, it’s also your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- You work well within a team environment and enjoy working remotely with your colleagues.
- Ability to consistently work 40 hours per week.
- Nodejs Backend Developer (Remo...Confidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo6 days ago
- Back End Team Lead (MEAN Stack...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt1 day ago