Skills And Tools:
- We are looking for a backend person who wants to one day be a system architect. The ideal candidate is someone passionate about understanding systems, top-down, in & out. It’s a small company with quite a bit of potential, so if you’re looking for 9-5 or hand it over to the next person or leave your work at the office, we wish you luck elsewhere. If you’re looking for a short-term project, college-style, hit & run, be proud of your post on LinkedIn, we hope you have a 5-star career elsewhere. If you want to read best practices and apply a bunch of tutorials, also not the place for you.
- On the other hand, if you want to be part of building a product and starting new ones, knowing the nitty gritty of your systems, looking at the details of other people’s work and connecting them to an end-to-end view, we’re interested.
- We work on ML-based digital ID verification. Our stack spans a range of technology layers: orchestration (kubernetes), containerization (docker), virtualization(esxi, vbox), DB (mongo, postgres), ORM (graphql, prisma, django), storage (minio, NFS), OS (linux), shell (bash), programming languages (python), ML frameworks (tensorflow), data science & numerical libraries (scikit, pandas, numpy), web languages & frameworks (php, laravel, vue), web servers and gateway interfaces (nginx, gunicorn). You don’t have to know all of those, although you have to have had some exposure to some of them, and willingness to work with the others. Sometimes you’ll have to just know where it fits in the system or just connect the blocks, while other times, you will have to dig in.
If you’re still here, it’s probably a good sign.
- Plan, and manage execution of backend systems
- Explain the technical trade-offs of different approaches, including estimating how long each will take to build.
- Advanced understanding of emerging web technologies.
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to our programming to the best practices and guidelines.
- Work with a team of UI designers, programmers, and machine learning engineers, to bring brand new concepts to market.
- Maintain confidentiality on all of the above, given the sensitive nature of some projects.
- Report periodically to management with progress
- Develop according to the latest standard and compliance of best practices.
- Engineer mindset to orchestrate product development with hands-on development.
- BS degree in computer science, software engineering
- Ability to program confidently in a web language “Open Source Technologies” ( PHP, MYSQL, Python), preferably python
- Developed with at least one CMS framework or web application framework, preferable django
- Either understanding or willingness to understand back-end for machine learning. Not MLops (although that’s a plus), but maintenance, and support for an ML-based framework.
- Experience with Git or another version control system.
- Ability to to follow deployment processes, and further develop it.
- Hands on docker and kubernetes.
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: CTO
- DevOps Engineer - 6th of October, Giza9 days ago
- Full Stack Developer - Cairo, Egypt7 days ago
- Senior Back End Engineer - Rem... - Cairo, Egypt17 days ago
- Blockchain developer - Hebron, Palestine7 days ago
- Senior Java Developer - Cairo - Nasr City, Cairo9 days ago
- Golang Developer - Jumia (Full... - Cairo, Egypt7 days ago
- Senior Software Java Developer... - Nasr City, Cairo3 days ago
- Backend Software EngineerConfidential Company - Sharjah, United Arab Emirates6 days ago