Skills And Tools:
The Agribusiness Linkages Coordinator reports to the Field Office Director and coordinates closely with the Cairo-based Markets Team as well as the technical staff members at the field office. The incumbent will mainly establish business linkages between targeted producer groups and local and international high-end markets with the objective of identifying crops in high demand and maximizing rural incomes. To this end, he or she will work on building the capacity of beneficiary associations. He or she will be required to travel extensively to the neighboring governorates where ERAS operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Act as link between the project and beneficiary entities within the geographical span encompassing neighboring governorates. These entities include farmer associations, community development associations, cooperatives, and Water-User Associations (WUAs)
- Act as link between beneficiary farmer associations and both domestic and international high-end markets.
- Facilitate and follow up on forward contracts between producer associations and buyers.
- Assist beneficiary entities with setting strategic plans for their activities.
- Assist with conducting baseline surveys and midterm evaluations.
- Propose and oversee implementation of plans for building the capacities of beneficiary associations.
- Collect and report sales made by farmer associations on regular basis.
- Identify and approach potential buyers including markets and food processors within the geographical span encompassing neighboring governorates.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree (B.Sc. or B.A.) in agriculture or relevant field plus a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position with international development organizations/projects operating in the agricultural/agribusiness sectors.
- Must have an extensive strong business networking with stakeholders working in the agricultural/agribusiness sectors mainly including food processors, exporters, producers, farmer associations, and preferably agricultural directorates in Minya and neighboring governorates, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable about, and highly experienced in, forward contracting between producers and buyers and exporters.
- Must have strong negotiation abilities based on extensive and updated understanding of the domestic and international markets.
- Must be highly experienced in building the capacity of farmer associations.
- Ability to communicate with and respond to common inquiries or complaints from beneficiaries and members of the business community.
- Ability to write and translate reports.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and component members.
- Fluency in language skills required are: English and Arabic.
- Must be prompt, accessible, resourceful, self-starter, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- Must be an excellent communicator, team-player with demonstrated interpersonal and networking skills.
- Business Development ManagerConfidential Company - Bourj Alarab, Alexandria4 hours ago