English Social Studies Teacher (American Curriculum)
-Alexandria, EgyptPosted 2 months ago
22Applicants for1 open position
- 1In Consideration
- 11Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Person who works as a social studies teacher is responsible for the following duties that includes but not limited to :
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior for maintaining order among the students.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepare Materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Assign and grade class work and homework.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students' progress.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by administrative regulation
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs. And resolve their behavioral and academic problems.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Perform administrative duties such as assisting in school libraries, hall and cafeteria monitoring Cooperate with administration staff.
- Follow and comply with teaching standers and a safe learning environment..
- Bachelor’s degree is a must. ( graduates of history, geography,, Social geography, Anthropology, Cultural studies, Political studies, Language graduate English and law)
- Native speakers & dual nationalities are more preferred
- Proven written experience as an social studies teacher)
- Ability of monitoring/assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Excellent time management skill
- Critical Thinking-- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness-- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Judgment and Decision Making-- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Persuasion-- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Speech Clarity -- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Speech Recognition-- The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Comprehension-- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression-- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Originality-- The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Psychology-- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and effective disorders
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Excellent knowledge of child development and latest education theories and practices.
- Computer proficiency.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing excellent results.
- Classroom management efficiency is a must.
- Alexandria Resident is a MUST
- Social Studies Teacher - Arabi...Confidential Company - Rehab City, Cairo3 days ago
- English Teacher Primary StagesEl Massria Integrated Schools - 10th of Ramadan City, Sharqia4 days ago
- English Teacher - Supervisor "...Confidential Company - Rehab City, Cairo3 days ago