- Experience Needed:
- 4 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement
Summary of role:
- Acts as a partner to, and a bridge between, application development teams and infrastructure environments with a focus on building systems that will meet operational goals leveraging automation and process.
- Partners with development teams by providing infrastructure assistance and guidance from the early phases of product development, including the development of software and processes to assist developers in infrastructure-related workflows (such as build, release and deployment automation).
- Designs and implements infrastructure for new and existing products, ensuring all business policies for security, supportability and cost are met, while enabling efficient deployment of products through automated means (such as configuration management and continuous deployment).
- May be involved in requirements gathering, prototyping, architecting, building and implementing test plans, performing quality reviews, and triaging or fixing operational issues, at all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Identify and monitor application health and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for new and existing products using tools, developing automated processes for same.
- Participates in 24x7 on call cycle to support and troubleshoot products and solutions in multiple environments.
- Typically requires a minimum of 4 years of related experience in software development and system engineering technologies, patterns and practices.
- Proficiency in the setup, configuration, maintenance, and upgrading of one or more server operating system families (Linux, Windows, etc.).
- Proficiency with server prototyping and virtualization tools and platforms (AWS etc.).
- Administering Linux systems (or applications installed on Linux systems).
- Python scripting.
- Bash scripting.
- working with Git (source control management).
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Ability to code and script (shell, bash, etc.).
- Experience with systems and IT operations.
- Being comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Data management skills.
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes.
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Familiar with Tools & Technology:
- AWS technologies
- operating systems (Windows, Linux)
About this Company
ExaServe is a multinational company which owns the trademarks of NileWeb, ExaHost and ClouDEX is the biggest web hosting and clouding provider in the MEA region.
See all Careers and Jobs at ExaServe LLC
As a top-notch internet services company, ExaServe offers a wide range of solutions to a rapidly increasing...