- Experience Needed:
- More than 1 year
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Shift Based
Negotiable, This is a voluntary task with incentives not monthly salary
About the Job
Basic Life Support & First Aid Instructor Description:
- BLS & FA Instructor educates and assesses adults and young people to be able providing first aid services.
- BLS & FA Instructor runs courses to teach people how to respond initially to an emergency situation by teaching the basic skills of reaction, response, call for help, attention to injuries and assessing the trainees for certification in BLS & FA training.
- BLS & FA Instructor will work with moderately-sized groups of people, requiring the ability to create a positive and relaxed environment with the group, sufficient knowledge to answer questions and acting out hypothetical situations.
- BLS & FA Instructor may have to travel around the country to deliver their training courses and will not always work specific working hours as the training courses often have to be delivered to fit the trainees’ time.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Providing the trainees with accurate information according to the First Aid manual of the Egyptian Red Crescent (ERC).
- Demonstrating how BLS & FA should be carried out.
- Answering trainee questions in a competent and effective manner.
- Conducting training and assessing people with varied learning needs.
- Demonstrating how to use training equipment.
- Maintaining equipment and resources.
- Managing records of course attendees.
- Assessing BLS & FA capabilities of the group.
- BLS & FA Instructor will work in a variety of environments, usually indoors. Sessions will be attended by up to 21 people meaning that BLS & FA Instructor need to be confident in public speaking and demonstration.
- The potential for physical injury in BLS & First Aid training is low as any risky practices will use a simulation dummy. Physical demands are also low in this role – there is minimal lifting and carrying of demonstration dolls but they are not particularly heavy.
- BLS & FA Instructor are often required to travel to the location of the course. This can mean long journeys and possible overnight stay. Hours are usually office hours as courses are normally run from 9 AM to around 4 PM, but working days are irregular. BLS & FA Instructor may be required to work evenings and weekends.
- BLS & FA Instructor may be required to wear loose fitting uniform with appropriate logo provided by ERC.
- The applicant must be graduated or under-graduated from any of the following faculties:
- Faculty of medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Faculty of Nursing.
Age: From 24 – 35 years old.
- Interpersonal skills are essential so as to create a comfortable environment where people can learn easily and feel relaxed enough to ask questions.
- Confidence in speaking to groups of people and demonstrating practices in front of them.
- Creativity in interactive learning.
- Speaking very good English.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to teach in a kinesthetic manner.
- Be friendly, approachable and patient with questions.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Computer skills (Windows – Office).
About this Company
ERC was established in 1911 as non-governmental organization performing its activities within the principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent
See all Careers and Jobs at Egyptian Red Crescent - First Aid Program