This job is closed
or expired and is no longer open for applications
- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
5,000 to 7,000 EGP per month
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants.
- Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for accounts payable, accounts receivable and assist with inventory transactions
- Development of cash flow management
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience working in Travel and Tourism sector
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze, interpret and reconcile data
- University degree in Accounting/Finance discipline
- Account Receivable experience is a MUST.
About this Company
Established in 1991, we're a dynamic Destination Management Company with a pioneering approach to the way you travel. Arabian Explorers is a dynamic Destination Management Company for the UAE, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain offering tailor-made services and ideas for a range of...
See all Careers and Jobs at Arabian Explorers Tourism