Skills And Tools:
- Co-ordinate, plan and schedule activities for chemical technicians to meet the set goals.
- Develop processes for separating components of liquids and gases, or for generating electrical currents, by using controlled chemical processes.
- Estimate production costs for management.
- Monitor and analyze data from processes and experiments.
- Drive technological innovation by creating and implementing goal-oriented plan for all stages of research on new products and processes.
- Improve manufacturing steps by performing comprehensive evaluation of processes, materials and equipment and identifying areas and methods of improvement.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved manufacturing processes for the following:
- Anti-corrosion treatment and painting process
- Galvanizing and Electrostatic coating process
- Fibre Glass manufacturing process
- ABS thermal forming process
- Adhesives usage in automotive industry
- Document research process and maintain complete records as necessary for further research and as required by law.
- Ensure consistent high quality of product by regularly inspecting and monitoring production processes to determine optimal order and method of operations.
- Test components of new processes in laboratory setting, and design pilot projects for next step of small-scale testing; supervise initial processes and make necessary adjustments.
- Direct laboratory technicians and other personnel in conducting research and testing, placing and adjusting equipment and implementing process changes.
- Stay current with applicable laws and regulations to ensure continuous compliance; develop safety and operational protocols for manufacturing processes.
- Recommend topics for research and development projects, design necessary budget and submit personnel and equipment requirements.
- Establish safety procedures for those working with dangerous chemicals.
- Assist in designing of new or improved chemical processes.
- Implement new ideas to improve operational quality and efficiency.
- Design and plan the layout of equipment.
- Evaluate equipment and processes to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Conduct tests and monitor the performance of processes throughout production.
- Develop safety programs to promote safe and secure workplace.
- Investigate operating problems, analyze root causes and define resolutions.
- Develop preventive maintenance program and participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Process Safety Management (PSM) programs.
- Troubleshoot problems with chemical manufacturing processes and troubleshoot quality and safety issues in a timely manner.
- Design measurement and control systems for chemical plants based on data collected in laboratory experiments and in pilot plant operations.
- Provide engineering support for chemical operations and equipment.
- Provide technical support to maintain safe, stable and reliable operations.
- Identify opportunities for cost reductions while maintaining operational quality.
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute chemical tasks and projects.
- Follow company regulations and policies to meet task objectives.
- Carry other responsibilities as assigned by direct manager.
- High Computer Skills (Excellent user of MS office specially Excel)
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical engineering (Or Faculty of Science)
- 3 – 5 years’ Experience in the industrial field (Preferred Automotive Sector)
- Experience in several fields such as: painting process, anti-corrosion treatment, galvanizing and Electrostatic coating, fiber glass manufacturing and ABS thermal forming, and usage of adhesives in industry.
- Proven record of creative and effective problem-solving in the area of manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with polymerization processes
- Proficiency in use of simulation and modeling software
- Sales EngineerConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt1 month ago