- Experience Needed:
More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The Ex. Pastry Chef will have the culinary expertise and experience to make a wide variety of desserts and baked goods, including confectionery work. They must understand and appreciate the subtleties of flavor pairings and different tastes, and have a good aesthetic sense for food and pastry presentation.
- This position is responsible for the daily preparation of all baked goods and pastries, for a la carte and banquet production and is responsible for co-deciding the dessert menu with the Executive Chef. They must be creative with their desert creations and continually research and test new and different dessert and baking recipes to ensure that members have an exceptional dining experience. Keeping all recipes on file for consistency.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees creativity and prepares all desserts required for all restaurants, banquets, specialty orders and to-go orders. Set up, maintain, and break down station according to restaurant guidelines Taste all products produced to assess quality Notifies Sous Chef and /or Executive Chef of all product shortages and equipment maintenance issues.
- Prepares and serves items in accordance with established portion and presentation standards.
- Maintains accurate counts on all food items prepared insuring no discrepancies in amount of food needed verses amount of food prepared.
- Schedules production of all baked goods to maintain an inventory of fresh baked goods at all times.
- Use food preparation equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Clean and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Report to work as scheduled, in uniform, and ready to be in position.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers.
- Ensure that guest have a positive and memorable experience.
More than 10 years
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic understanding of professional cooking. Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to take direction. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- An Associate’s degree in Pastry Arts and/or 10 years of like experience with an emphasis on high quality product. Country Club, hotel and/or restaurant experience preferred.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time. Ability to multitask.
About this Company
- Our company Paradise Inn Group for Hotels & Resorts was established in 1980 located in Alexandria , Egypt.
See all Careers and Jobs at Paradise Inn Hotels & Resorts
- We are the only group carrying an experience of 33 years in hospitality industry field and managing historical , heritage & boutique hotels & resorts in Egypt....