- Experience Needed:
More than 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Due to Additional Student Enrollment and school expansion for the Academic year 2020/2021 The Nationals Schools of GEMS Egypt is looking for outstanding Teachers who are excited to join its team.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Organise and manage the department in line with the aims and objectives of the school.
- Responsible for ensuring high standards of teaching and learning in the relevant subject area including overseeing the professional development of staff and keeping abreast of recent developments in the subject
- Evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning and provide support and guidance to staff where appropriate.
- Set priorities and targets for the department.
- Make effective use of departmental resources and take responsibility for ordering new resources including textbooks, stationary etc.
- Assist in staff appraisals and with the recruitment of teachers for the department.
- Ensure that new staff are appropriately inducted into the department.
- Compile, and review where appropriate, the Departmental Handbook
- Delegate specific responsibilities to other members of the department as appropriate
- Convene and chair departmental meetings to ensure effective communication within the department
- Set appropriate subject entry tests for applicants to the school.
- Act as the first point of contact for teaching staff in the department who are experiencing difficulties with pupil behavior, standards of work etc.
- Carry out all professional duties of a teacher (approximate 70% of a full weekly teaching timetable).
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.
More than 15 years
About this Company
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000...
See all Careers and Jobs at GEMS Education