- Experience Needed:
More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- To contribute to teaching, and curriculum development in English for Academic Purposes supporting students across all disciplines.
- All role holders will have a growing reputation in their field which they will continue to develop. Alongside their primary role of delivering academic English modules, they will contribute to their academic community through scholarly activity, knowledge generation, knowledge exchange, networking, partnerships and collaboration at an institutional, national and international level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To take responsibility for the development and delivery of teaching, learning and assessment of English for specific academic purposes across Knowledge Hub disciplines, including Design, Media, Engineering & Computing.
- To demonstrate good practice in teaching, learning and assessment through the use of a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
- To ensure that teaching is informed by current research in the relevant field and develops the ability of students to engage in debate, critical discourse and rational thinking.
- To contribute to the wider student experience e.g. through personal tutoring, participation in recruitment, and involvement in employability initiatives.
- To reflect critically on personal teaching practice, implement improvements, and engage actively with the quality monitoring and enhancement processes. 6. To undertake work with a range of external partners and professional bodies/agencies in Egypt and overseas where appropriate.
- To work effectively as a team member, contributing to committees and working groups, and where appropriate supervising or mentoring other members of staff.
- To undertake professional development in support of both teaching and research.
AND such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
- Head of School English for Academic Purposes subject lead
- Assistant Lecturers
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Education Higher Education
- Masters degree in Applied Linguistics/TESOL or TEAP, a DELTA, or at a minimum a CELTA.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of academic theory and/or practice in the teaching of English for academic purposes
- PhD in an appropriate subjectOr (if from professional practice background) a good Honours Degree and (and/or Masters degree) and appropriate professional qualifications and/or membership and/or equivalent professional qualifications that might be considered as equivalent to a PhD.
- Active membership or fellowship of a professional body (e.g.BALEAP)
- Recognized teaching qualification
- HEA Accreditation
- Some teaching experience at higher education level with evidence of successful student learning outcomes
- Experience of assessing EAP at foundation level or equivalent
- Or (If from Professional practice background) evidence of high quality presentation skills, and evidence of coaching, or mentoring and teaching other professionals
- Willingness to undertake a teaching qualification (if not already qualified)
- Evidence of contribution to the wider student experience
- Evidence of good pedagogic practice
- Experience with Egyptian and/or international higher educational establishments
- Experience of working on research projects or contracts, supported by evidence of contribution to the appropriate output
- Or (If from Professional practice background) experience of professional practice/consultancy work including evidence.
- Experience of partnership working with external organizations
- Evidence of contribution to a research group or network or community of practice
- Recent, relevant, business
About this Company
Building its presence in Egypt and the region on three main pillars: Innovation, Inclusivity and Accessibility
See all Careers and Jobs at El Sewedy Education
Extending its reach beyond Egypt into Africa, the Middle East and neighboring countries
Will create a sustainable world-class model of knowledge and...