- Experience Needed:
More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Department: School of Engineering
- The post provides an opportunity for an enthusiastic early career academic to gain a wide range of experience in learning, teaching and assessment practice.
- Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff, to contribute to the delivery of teaching and facilitation and to provide academic support for groups of students.
- All role holders at this level will be expected to undertake a combination of teaching and/or scholarship and or enterprise activity, along with various administrative tasks as part of their role and to contribute and engage with the University’s international agenda where appropriate. Typically, roles will incorporate two or three areas of focus. Tasks will be in line with the indicators outlined in the Person Specification.
- Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff, to contribute to the assessment of one or more modules.
- Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff, to act as an Academic Personal Tutor to students.
- The Assistant Lecturer will contribute to teaching of subjects such as Circuits, Embedded Systems, semi-conductor devices, and Applied Sciences among others.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff, and using established curriculum, to deliver academic support services to students undertaking undergraduate or post-graduate modules and to other client groups of the School.
- Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff, and using the established curriculum, to deliver seminars and tutorials, workshops, computer laboratory classes or other small group learning activities and/or deliver skills instruction to individuals or small groups and/or deliver support to students on placement.
- Under the direction of senior academic staff, mark and moderate, as appropriate, assignments, exam scripts or other assessment materials to pre-set requirements/protocols and/or mark and assess students’ skills through practical assignments and class tests to pre-set requirements.
- Under the guidance and support of senior academic staff, seek ways of improving students’ learning by reviewing the effectiveness and identifying areas of improvement drawing upon feedback from various sources.
- Under the guidance and support of senior academic staff to lead/support in small special project areas e.g. managing the School’s social media and/or web presence, student field trips and guest lectures.
- Provide appropriate guidance and support to students, and ensure, where required, that student records are properly maintained, including marks lists, attendance records etc.
- Under guidance and support from senior academic staff, contribute to the academic tutoring of students within the School.
- Under guidance and support from senior academic staff, contribute to the development and delivery of consultancy projects and/or professional learning and development programs and/or knowledge exchange events.
- Ensure a safe working environment and abide by University health and safety policies and practices and to observe the University’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity and Respect policy at all times.
- Commence/continue to study for an appropriate Postgraduate qualification.
AND such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
- Works under the guidance and with support
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Computer Software Engineering Services
Experience (Paid and Unpaid):
- Excellent knowledge of academic theory and/or practice in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of teaching and/or student support within Higher Education.
- Experience of E-learning technologies
- Ability to help student groups develop professional skills.
- Ability to deliver learning activities.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to continue to update knowledge and expertise and contribute to innovation and development in discipline or area of specialism.
- An appreciation of other cultures; the global reach of the University and its International agenda
- Experience of supervising/supporting students as appropriate to the role.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Good team and group working skills.
- Constructive, enabling and positive approach to developing students.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to develop an understanding of cultural, linguistic, professional and personal ways of interacting, communicating and working with others in an international working environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful external and internal networks to seed relationships for future business collaborations.
- Experience of working as part of a large and diverse team
- Experience of work with a range of client groups
- Willingness to undertake activities during the evening as and when necessary, and participate in occasional weekend admissions and recruitment activities.
- A willingness to travel local, nationally and internationally as required.
- To demonstrate adherence to regulations regarding ethics, governance, social responsibility, legal requirements IPR, copyright, attribution and co-authorship and appropriate practice.
- To observe the University’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity and Respect policy at all times.
- A positive desire to develop approaches to enhance the student experience in its broadest interpretation.
About this Company
Building its presence in Egypt and the region on three main pillars: Innovation, Inclusivity and Accessibility
See all Careers and Jobs at El Sewedy Education
Extending its reach beyond Egypt into Africa, the Middle East and neighboring countries
Will create a sustainable world-class model of knowledge and...