- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
To be a therapeutic area scientific expert, responsible for discussing our products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other partners) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner.
To maximize company product value through high scientific quality communication with Leading Specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To keep abreast of medical and scientific knowledge.
- Continuously update their knowledge of products, patient’s treatment trends and clinical activities and studies within the therapeutic area and patient`s treatment trends in the region
- Identify evolving scientific concepts with future clinical implications
- Development and maintenance of a contact network with Leading Specialists.
- Understand their needs, key value drivers, practical treatment patterns and scientific activities within the therapeutic area
- Develop and execute an external stakeholder management plan in close collaboration and coordination with other functions including: MAF, Medical Education, GCO, HEMAR, Commercial
- Communicate the value of company products, contribute to e.g. market access activities and formulary discussions
- Through scientific interactions, champion the medical value of our products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to the fostering of innovative approaches
- Represent the company to other therapeutic area stakeholders including professional associations and patient organisations in cooperation with Medical Advisor(s)/Medical Director
- Recognize and nurture relationships with rising stars within the scientific community
- Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists and broader external health-care related audiences:
- Communicate directly and proactively scientific information on our products within the approved label
- Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information
- Respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Affairs and Medical Information documents
- Use digital technologies and new media to support proactive and reactive communication
- Organization and participation in Medical Education activities:
- Identify/support/educate speakers
- Build Medical Education programs with scientific third parties
- Organization and participation in Advisory Boards in cooperation with Medical Advisor/Medical Director
- Provision of scientific support to company Sales Representatives
- Provide medical and product training and scientific support to Sales Representatives in coordination with Training Departments as appropriate
- Act as a reference point for Sales Representatives for any scientific query, in collaboration with Medical Information as appropriate
- Support and manage Medical Affairs clinical activities' strategy, planning, design and execution in close co-operation with GCO and CROs
- Support the set up and follow up of registries and other non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
- Understand Real World Evidence (RWE) methodologies, identify data needs and opportunities, support protocol development and engage in discussions with customers to help design RWE projects
- Propose investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies
- Support GCO and CROs in site set up, management and issue resolution
- Contribute to
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
- Education: Pharmacist/Physician/Dentist
- Years of Experience: More than two years in medical affairs
- Language: Arabic/English
- Location: NAF
Leadership Behaviors Required
- LIVE OUR CREDO: Demonstrate and inspire the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
- CONNECT: Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
- SHAPE: Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally.
- LEAD: Create an environment where leadership and talent development is top priority.
- DELIVER: Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Deep scientific knowledge in the therapeutic area
- Communication and presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Teamwork, leadership and influencing skills
Leadership Profile Required
- Integrity and Credo-based Actions
- Strategic Thinking
- Big Picture Orientation with Attention to Detail
- Organization & Talent Development
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Collaboration and Teaming
- Sense of Urgency
- Prudent Risk-taking
- Self-awareness and Adaptability
- Results and Performance Driven
About this Company
See all Careers and Jobs at Johnson & Johnson
t Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and...