- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Be a trusted advisor to the business, and provide critical legal and strategic input on a wide range of complex and strategic business issues.
- Work closely with regional and global commercial and legal team members on legal and regulatory aspects of the business as well as broader commercial issues. Areas of particular relevance include, commercial contracts, consumer issues, regulation, and new market entry. So, that’s pretty much everything!
- Partner closely with the business teams to ensure strategic alignment and the successful execution of important regional initiatives. Evaluate general communications, press releases, often on deadlines in response to recent events, to ensure factual accuracy and compliance with applicable laws.
- Provide strategic and proactive legal advice to internal stakeholders, and effectively manage outside counsel to achieve objectives across the EMEA region.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Consumer Services Transportation
- 5+ years of legal experience. The ideal background includes a combination of private practice and in-house experience with a large technology or consumer facing company.
- Highly motivated, creative, entrepreneurial, and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, while collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done.
- Strong academic credentials and a law degree from a top law school.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English, and a crisp writing style.
- Excellent business judgment and interpersonal skills (outgoing, down-to-earth, and with a good sense of humor).
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in high impact and high profile situations.
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Uber.
Employees are given Uber credits each month.
The rare opportunity to help shape the strategic direction of the company in a very important region, and change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you’ve helped build. We are not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets, and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp and motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
COMP & BENEFITS
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
About this Company
Uber Technologies Inc. is a peer-to-peer ridesharing, taxi cab, food delivery, bicycle-sharing, and transportation network company headquartered in San Francisco, California, with operations in 785 metropolitan areas worldwide. Its platforms can be accessed via its websites and mobile apps.
See all Careers and Jobs at Uber